“Once again a delightful stay in PTown”

Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa
Ranked #7 of 64 Provincetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We had a perfect stay at Carpe Diem in August 2017. Our 3rd vacation in Provincetown, and our 3rd stay at Carpe Diem, again we enjoyed the friendly staff, the comfort of a newly renovated Henry Thoreau room (the cottage), the relaxing spa after the beach and a massage by Jay. Just perfect!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CarpeDiemGuesthouse, Owner at Carpe Diem Guesthouse & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and thank you for your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My husband and me spent 2 weeks at the Carpe Diem. Very resourcing and quiet though it's one block from busy Commercial Street. Our room was very nice and clean. Cakes and pastries are delicious and homemade. The Spa is a big plus.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review! We were glad to have you with us, and are happy you had a good stay. We hope to see you back again sometime soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My husband and I have made this our regular place to stay.The staff is amazing and friendly. They serve a great breakfast and canape hour. The accommodations are spectacular, it's warm,welcoming & convenient. This is a true Provincetown experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed having you both stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again at your next stay, and wish you a good remainder of 2017.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was intending to stay here for two nights of my vacation and then move on. I stayed for two weeks. This place is idyllic, a little haven of tranquility, a whole other world of peace sequestered by only a gate and a half block from the crazy circus of Provincetown.

From the owners to the staff to the guests, there was not a single person during my stay that wasn't genuinely warm and friendly. After a very difficult spring, I was looking for an unpredictable mix of peaceful solitude and comforting sociability. These folks knew just how to interact, greeting me with warmth, ready to chat like old friends, but also ready to let me sit at breakfast for two hours with a book. I've never felt so well looked after in my life.

Speaking of breakfast, it was wonderful. There was a deliciously cooked special every day, but if that didn't excite, there were also perfectly scrambled (or any other style) eggs to be had, along with various cold cuts, muffins, croissants, jams, cereals, yogurts, and an excellent overnight fruity oatmeal. As if that weren't enough, at 5pm, out came a whole selection of wines along with enough finger foods to make a person happily skip dinner. It's hard to advocate missing out on all the fun seafood that Provincetown has to offer, but if one is truly feeling lazy and antisocial, one could easily manage to never leave this place for the entire day and be content. Even in the off hours, there are still cakes, muffins and coffee to be had, and perpetually refilled carafes of port and sherry.

The rooms are beautiful, peaceful, and comfortable. Being a last-minute, two week stay at the beginning of the busy season, I got to try out three of them. All had their unique personality, and all were lovely. The smallest one, billed as perfect for a single person, is still plenty big enough for two people, in my opinion. There are also numerous possibilities for sitting with a book or just staring out into space, many of them outside in the Japanese-inspired courtyard.

To recover from the hard work of staying here, Carpe Diem is kind enough to have its own in-house spa directly off the inner courtyard. You can wander down from your room in your bathrobe and hop directly into the sauna or outdoor hot tub, or reserve a massage session.

I can't recommend this place highly enough; I feel so lucky to have discovered it at exactly the time when I most needed it! My best wishes to all the people who work there, and I hope very much to return one day.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your review. We have all missed you since you departed, you had become quite a fixture of the inn and our staff and guests enjoyed your presence! We do hope you will come back to us when you can, and we will be thrilled to welcome you back. All the best in the coming year.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited Ptown for the first time for his birthday this year along with a few friends and Carpe Diem did not disappoint.
The guesthouse is run impeccably well. The staff is obviously there to make sure you enjoy your time and feel welcome. They are all very knowledgeable about the area and can provide recommendations for things to do and places to go.
The daily breakfast has a main course that is offered like an omelette or a breakfast burrito or you can have eggs made however you'd like.
Each evening there is a wonderful wine and cheese spread which gives guests a time to socialize.
The grounds are immaculate.
There's a spa on the premises and the hot tub there is available to guests. My partner and one of our friends had a massage while we were there and they both enjoyed their massages.
It is located far enough off the main road so you avoid noisy foot traffic, but it's close enough so that everything is within walking distance and extremely easy to get to.
The next time we are in PTown, we will absolutely look to stay at Carpe Diem again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review, and we are glad you had a good stay with us. We hope you will stay with us at your next visit to Provincetown, and we will be happy to see you back.