1,158 results
All reviews wine and cheese steam room oscar wilde other guests dorothy parker hot tub p town zen garden wine hour couples massage my partner commercial street rooms are beautiful every morning every evening delicious breakfast guest house
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I discovered the Carpe Diem Diem Guesthouse in Provincetown four years ago and I won't stay anywhere else but there when I am in town. The Carpe Diem is extremely well run and the property is meticulously maintained. The atmosphere is relaxed and inviting. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and ensure that your stay is amazing. The breakfasts, the Spa and the wine and cheese all add to the great experience. Try it out, you definitely won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This was our first time visit to Provincetown but we travel frequently and have stayed at several gay friendly hotels and guesthouses. Carpe Diem was truly first class. They anticipate your needs, offer a friendly and yet private environment for you. The breakfast is over the top and the happy hour is as good as any we have experienced. While the rooms vary in size we stayed in the Heinrich Heine room and found it to be comfortable, quiet and enough space for us for the 7 nights we were there. Room service was great and could only highly recomment this Guesthouse for others visiting Provincetown. The location of Carpe Diem was also excellent and as is the case with Provincetown walking was the best way to get about on Commercial Street.

Room Tip: Our room was on the south east side and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaHar
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this Inn. The owners and staff clearly put a lot of effort into every aspect of the place and it shows in a very positive way. All the little touches are what really made the place shine. All members of the staff was consistently friendly and helpful. Just nice people who clearly take a lot of pride in their work and do it well. Facilities include a spa (both a whirlpool and spa services).

The Inn is well located--just one block away from Commercial Street (you can walk easily from the ferry)--but very tranquil. There is a wonderful Asian style central area where guests can relax. All rooms also have an adjoining private area outside though some private areas directly adjoin the public area.

Breakfast is included--and what a breakfast! An option of farm fresh eggs or another delicious option, fresh bread, homemade jams and jellies and meats served in a warm environment. Coffee, espresso, tea, and lemonade are available all day in the meal area. The Inn does a wine happy hour with snacks from 5-6:30 every evening and we had a good time meeting and socializing with other guests. If you want to go to the beach, they hand you a great beach tote with towels and water and an umbrella if you want one--no charge, just a really nice touch to help make your stay better. I had a very good and pleasant massage at the Namaste Spa.

We stayed in a suite room. All rooms have TVs with DVDs incorporated. Bed and sheets were very comfortable. Nice bathroom with lots of good shelf space as well as fluffy towels. One minor note: the suites aren't really true suites (i.e. two rooms) but more in the nature of large but still cozy rooms with room for two good chairs for sitting. Rooms were almost always cleaned while you ate breakfast.

Reflecting its locale, Carpe Diem attracts a predominantly gay clientele but both lesbian and straight couples appeared comfortable there when we stayed.

Carpe Diem made our stay in P-Town great. We'd definitely come back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mdglobetrotter
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay for my second time at this beautiful place, and if I had it my way, I would never leave! Yes, it is one of the more expensive places to stay in Ptown, but it is worth every single cent. The staff remembered me from last year, right down to specific details about my life! They are more than accommodating and just genuinely nice. They truly care about their guests. It's clear they love what they do and where they are. So peaceful.....Beautiful..... And the food is delicious!!!! This is the only place I will ever stay!!! You cannot go wrong.....

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank DonnieDoubleD
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Once again we were overwhelmed with the level of service and hospitaility @ Carpe Diem. From the beauty and comfort of the rooms to the scrumptuous breakfast, they set the bar extremely high for the other B & B's to try and achieve. Their location is perfect for access to the east and west end and the beach is just a short jaunt away. The perfect getaway and always our first choice.

Room Tip: All are great but we usually are in the T. Williams.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple