“The Cracker Barrel of Provincetown”
Review of Mayflower Cafe

Mayflower Cafe
Ranked #35 of 142 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: USD 9 - USD 26
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1929 The Mayflower has been bringing the Freshest Seafood, Portuguese, Italian and Comfort Cuisine to locals and tourists alike. Fresh local lobsters a specialty. We pride ourselves in bringing you the highest quality ingredients sourced as closely as possible. Provincetown Day boat Scallops are a must try . We are also famous for our Homemade Chicken Croquettes. Thanksgiving dinner in one delicious package. Our menu is extensive with something for everyone. Enjoy a cocktail and soak in some of old-time Provincetown from one of our window seats right on Commercial Street..
Reviewed 17 June 2016

1st I would say I have enjoyed the occasional meal at Cracker Barrel. This is a reliable place to dine. The menu is WAY too extensive (thus the reference to CB), but the prices are commensurate with the service and food quality. I found the lobster roll satisfactory, and the baked stuffed shrimp & scallops above average. Skip the surf & turf; the turf is unremarkable. The service was good, but for some of the servers English is their 2nd language. Listen closely and ask simple questions.
The restaurant is centrally located for convenience on Commerce Street and does a brisk dinner business. Because it was so very close to my lodging, I had two dinner meals there. You can dine elsewhere and pay much more, but if you're not too hard to please, try this place. It does not have a water view.

Reviewed 15 June 2016

Stopped for lunch. Our waiter had only started a week ago but you wouldn't have known. Only had the one course each plus I had a beer - cost was $47.
I had the Portuguese Fish and Chips $18.99 and my wife had Fried Shrimps also $18.99
My F & C was delicious, I can thoroughly recommend it. The fish, and there was a lot, was perfectly cooked in breadcrumbs not batter, it was soft and flaky and very, very tasty. Served with a mountain of fries - what more could you ask. Similarly my wife's shrimps were delicious and came with a huge pile of fries.
Definitely recommend

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Decent food and reasonable price for such a tourist area.
Decor maybe a bit out of date but service was good generally an ok place

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Excellent scallops - great service - fast! Mid range price wise - as this is the norm throughout this area. Would go back - recommended!

Reviewed 9 June 2016 via mobile

Very good old fashioned seafood diner. Good food. Had the seafood platter. 26.99 dollars . A reasonable price would have been 19.99 dollars. But hey ho it was a nice homely place to eat and I would go back.the homemade apple crisp pie was beautiful and very tasty. Recommended.