“spicy tuna!!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2016

Best Sushi on the South Shore. Love the miso soup too.Go for the bento box lunch - a terrific value.

Reviewed 24 September 2016

I think my recent dinner trip to Sushi Joy will probably be my last. Our waitress didn't even greet us when she stopped by our table and just said "drinks?" before heading the opposite way. Waited about more than twenty minutes just to receive my entree, how about the appetizer I ordered? Not wanting my entree to get cold, I ate a little more than half before the rest of the food came by. I'm a little disappointed that the entree didn't even include a side of rice, to which I asked about and was told that it was ordered separately. Really? The sushi deluxe didn't even include a soup or salad which I tend to see a lot of other restaurants offer with such a dinner selection. The meal wasn't cheap either compared to other spots where you can get more food for your money. I wish our waitress would've checked in and asked how things were going. I found it a little frustrating that parties who came in after us were tended to and got their food a lot sooner than we did. I don't think I would recommend this restaurant for dinner. I've had a better experience coming here for lunch where I think you get more for your money but as it isn't a local place to me, I wouldn't go out of my way to come here.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

If you are trying Japanese and Chinese dishes for the first time and a bit apprehensive, you do not need to worry. The lunch choices are plentiful and cater well for the western diet. All my friends enjoyed their choices including terriyaki chicken, steak, boneless pork rib, tempura, bento box lunch and I enjoyed my sashimi special. Price is reasonable at about $10. Price for the sushi and sashimi is a bit high but quality is good - if you have a good appetite, $10 worth will not fill your tummy!!

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Always fresh; great lunch specials. Kiss the Fire Roll is a favorite. This restaurant is clean and comfortable and while they so a good business, there usually no wait at lunch time.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

They have 1.00 oysters every night and are they delicious!!! We love them:) and the hot and sour soup remains a favorite as well as the sushi to order. We appreciate the great job all the waitstaff does to take care of us and other patrons. While we miss Judy being able to wait our table we still get to see her smiling face as she now welcomes everyone into the restaurant as a hostess. Give it a try you'll love it there like we do:)))