All reviewsforest cityswimming poolf bman made islandshower headamazing landscapelocal foodfacing the seagreat roomspacious balconyfree shopswater sportsfood served at the hotelbeautiful beachother hotelsdevelopmenttuas
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

A good relaxing time with my family. Stayed one night in the superior suite room. There was a jacuzzi in the spacious balcony. So bring along bath bombs if you have any. The view is nice except there are still on going construction next to the hotel. Breakfast was ok. Staffs are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Firdaus A
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Had a pleasant 2-night stay in their well-appointed rooms. Good view. Clean room. Good bed and pillows. Bathroom is fully equipped with tub, shower room with detachable hand-help shower head.

There are 2 hotel pools and 3 very nice public pools. The grounds and landscaping are really beautiful. Plenty of photo opps if you are into that.

No complaints with the staff and service. All fine at hotel and restaurants. The Chinese restaurant is good too.

And the good stops there. The plastic shower door kept coming off its track. Fortunately, one part still hangs on, so we are able to put it back each time. The weighing scales is a nice tough if it works.

It's a pity that 2 of the very nice pools were closed. The infinity pool was drained, with missing tiles. The free-form pool had filtration problems, so no swimming allowed. The sandy beach is nice but the sea is also not swimmable. For such a new development where they are still courting buyers and investors, we expected it to be better maintained. It's a huge development and maintaining it is not going to be easy. This is like only 20% of the whole project.

As mentioned by other reviewers, DON'T follow google, waze nor apple maps. Getting there from Tuas is easy. Just follow the signs after the immigration. If coming from the North, it should be after Legoland. We made the mistake of using Google (we tried Apple and Waze too) maps getting back from a shopping trip to Bukit Indah (only 20 mins away if you don't get lost). All the maps gave us 45 mins directions that did not bring us back. We ended up at their construction sites. And that is a HUGE mistake. It's a maze after construction maze that we couldn't get out of. Fortunately, there was plenty of work still being carried out even after 10pm and one kind contractor led the way out. Quite an adventure.

Overall, It's a good place to go to if you want to just unwind and do nothing.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank AgentBroccoli
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I only stayed one night here, so unfortunately can't experience more. The room is large, clean and comfortable especially the bathroom. The staffs were friendly and helpful. There's a convenience store in the lobby, so you can get some snacks and drinks. The breakfast was good, but I saw one rat ran in the restaurant when I ate my breakfast..so the hotel should improve it.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank elma357
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

im not shock if this hotel have bad service, maybe because they always handle guest from china mainland, but the staff the should know to profiling any guest, they dont well training, my father in law have bad experience, till the manager come to the room and appology but the only good part is the chinese restaurant da zhong wha made our day the food is superb, father in law very happy and order for take away

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018

Great Place, once I entered the hotel, it gives me the wow feeling.

If you are a Singaporean, or have been to Singapore. This Forest City is about the same concept as Singapore Resort World Sentosa, without the Casino.

The place has retail shops, and duty free shops. Together with many restaurants and super mart.

Just like someone before me mentioned. You WILL be lost if you drive here in your car and follow Google Map or WAZE APP. The location to this place is wrong in the map.
If you follow the google map, you will end up having to pass through a security gate in which the security will stopped you anyway.

You better know how to speak Malay language and even if you do know how to speak Malay language, the security guards there are not locals, their Malay Language also limited.

You can only rely on driving and stopping by the road side asking the locals there for the RIGHT direction to this hotel/resort. So here I already warned you, especially my fellow Singaporeans, I know majority cannot speak Malay. Forget about speaking English, they will not understand.

Your next best solution is to park your car somewhere safe in JB city and take a Grab car over to this place. At least first, you are not driving, you wont feel pressured, secondly, your grab car driver certainly knows Malay language.

This aside, the facilities is as per mentioned by others in their reviews.

Gym is huge, no Aircon though
Swimming Pool is huge.

There is a beach.

Breakfast is also true to the reviews mentioned by others. Nothing shout about, I am a person that loves food and whenever I am at other hotels, I will wanna try all their various dishes available to me. This hotel however, has limited choices in terms of varieties of food for breakfast. minus point on this.

Wifi is strong, and everything about the room and amenities is perfect !

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family