Fisherman’s Arms
Price range: USD 9 - USD 24
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Booking is strongly advised in the summer for our lovely pub. Predominately we are pub supporting our holiday fishing business (www.docklowpools.com) Winter Season - Mid October to End of March (weekends only) Summer Season - April to October We are open: Friday lunchtime 1200-1400, Friday evening 1800-2100 food, late for drinks. Saturday lunchtime 1200-1500, Saturday evening meals 1700-2100, late for drinks. Sunday lunch is 1200-1500 carvery only.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Fisherman's arms is a delightful place to eat, both for an evening meal and for Sunday Lunch! The food is freshly prepared,of an excellent standard, there are some really tasty vegetarian dishes and 'plentiful' is an understatement! Even the heartiest of appetites will be satisfied!! Neil and his staff ensure the dishes are presented beautifully and taste scrumptious!
I must give a special mention to the Sunday Lunch: I am not a meat -eater, but I very nearly turned back into one when I saw the delight on my husband's face as he sampled his beef...There was a choice of meats and no measly Toby portions here!!! I had vegetables -all beautifully cooked, and I was told that if I'd wanted to, I could have requested roasties cooked in oil and veggie gravy - what excellent attention to customer service, when you consider the volume of customers... I am really impressed!!! - well done to the team, I can't wait for my next visit!!! (And no, I don't want veggie gravy when your 'normal' gravy is so bloody tasty, thanks, hahahah!!!)

1  Thank JanH-T

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! How happy are we to have moved to Docklow and to have The Fisherman's Arms as our local. Sunday carvery was magnificent, generous portions, (lamb was melt in the mouth tender). Amazed that two of our party found room for puds! The roaring log fire was an added bonus. Thank you for making us so welcome. We'll be back......

1  Thank Jo L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fishing weekend and bonfire party. We stayed in a log cabin and had a fab stay. Clean friendly lovely place. The pub served hot good priced meals with a huge variety. Recommend this place highly!! Loved our stay as always.

1  Thank Lorraine G
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food with a good variety of dishes to give you something different for every day of the week. Very reasonably prices and local ingredients. Highly recommend the Docklow Dazzler

1  Thank phil205t16
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Dinner and a couple of beers after a hard day's fishing. Excellent breakfast really set us up for the day ahead. Well done Neil.

1  Thank DoncasterWoodman