“standard holiday inn”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed 4 December 2011

we had a hell of a time finding this place. got totally lost and drove around for ages. then finally figured out we were on the turnpike, but missed the turnaround to get to the hotel, so had to drive another 20mins up the road for the next one. so by the time we got there we were not in a good mood, the lady at the front desk was not in a good mood either and was a bit off-putting. she was still there the next morning, and seemed a bit better and we heard her complaining to another employee so I guess she was having a bad night or had been stuck working on her own or something.
the room was fine, although the noise from the hallway from the other room room doors slamming shut was quite noisy. and we enjoyed the pool. would have been nice if they had a breakfast.
I dont think I would stay here again, but only because we had a hard time getting there and found the turnpike confusing, actually we found all driving in massachusetts to be confusing, its the only place we got lost...but thats not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wantstogotoguatemala
Carlos A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate our guests giving us feedback as it is the best way for us to learn of our short comings and more importantly correct them. I am sorry to here about the sub standard service we provided. Our standard is to always have an inviting smile to welcome you with. I can assure you that I will be correcting these situations personally. My hope is that if your travels ever bring you around this area again you will give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me personally for any future reservations at this property.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is a sub-par Holiday Inn. The location was good for us but that was about all. We had requested a king bed but they only had double beds unless we wanted to wait (it was after check in time). The room smelled like cigarette smoke and we tried to open the windows to air it out but of course the windows don't open. The room was just okay but my husband found a hair (not his) in the bed...ugh. The worst part: I was flabbergasted to find they charged me a $200 fine for smoking!!! It was a no smoking hotel where our room stunk of cigarettes and then they try to charge me for smoking? I don't smoke, my husband doesn't smoke. After 7 (seven!!) calls trying to get a manager that could help me, he said they would show me proof of smoking. Of course they couldn't show proof because we DIDN'T SMOKE! He then said they would take the charge off (they better) but I didn't get an apology. Beware!

Room Tip: Ask them if you can smell it first.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Dreaming
Carlos A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Thank you for posting your review. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than what you expected. We at the hotel take our non-smoking policy serious, this is to serve our non smoking guests such as yourself better. I can see that there was miscommunication on our part and therefore the charges were posted to your room. We have taken these charges off. We apologize for any incovenience this may have caused you during your trip. I hope that you would give us another chance to prove to you that we can live up to your expectations. Should you decide to stay with us again, please contact me personally to assure that your stay is a great one.

Carlos A Almendarez
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 November 2011

we did stay there for 9 nights, we had 2 double beds. CLlean. We loved the location which was important to us- easy enough access to get where we wanted to get. The stff at reception was helpful.( hi Leonard)
next door is Italian restaurant which we visited on our first night- the staff at reception recommended it.
kids enjoyed pool, at some point it was very busy and seems that water was a it chilly?

Room Tip: Be nice to staff and they will be nice to you!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank kpmhtravel
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We booked at Last Minute Travel for a 3 star, and got this Holiday Inn. Check in was smooth, but we were given a room with 2 beds when we asked for a king. Clerk quickly changed us, giving us a lovely king suite. Very comfortable. Bathrooms upgraded with marble counters. The bad news -- our reservation was for 2 nights, but hotel had only been informed of 1 night. So when we returned to the hotel for our second nights, they had locked us out of our room. After I proved (by showing a copy of my reservation confirmation from LMT) that we HAD booked and prepaid for 2 nights, the hotel corrected their records and all was well.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
ssam11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It only through such feedback we can improve our services. While I was pleased to read that our staff accommodated your request, I was also concerned that we have failed to verify your length of stay at check-in which could have saved you the inconvenience later on. And when something is less than perfect, we will do everything in our power to rectify the matter immediately and take steps to prevent a similar problem for other guests in the future. Rest assured that I have shared your comments with our team and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards
Sam Sidhom

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Stayed here while visiting Salem during the busy October month. The access to the hotel is a little confusing but only a short drive from Salem. Hotel is clean, excellent breakfast buffett was included in our rate, kids were free. The service in the restaurant was slow but the value and the selection made up for it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at The Holiday Inn Peabody

I love to read reviews like yours where you enjoyed your stay. We do try to use every tool available (TripAdvisor included) to obtain an accurate and honest accounting of our guests’ perspectives; and when something is less than perfect, I do everything in my power to rectify the matter immediately in the present and take steps to prevent a similar problem for other guests in the future.

again thank you for your review and we hope that you will visit us again with your family in the near future

Regards
Sam Sidhom
GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
0.9 km away
5.6 km away
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 9 in Danvers

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!