“Comfortable and Casual”

Holy Ghost Society
Ranked #92 of 178 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

Comfortable and casual small place to eat. It is kind of tough to explain what kind of place this is. It is supposed to be a Portuguese club but is more like a cafe. Clean and it had very good food. I had the surf and turf which had a steak and two shrimp in a delicious garlic sauce. My wife had one of the specials which was fried smelt. Both were enjoyable.
There is other Portuguese food including octopus and perch. The service was casual but very efficient. We will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Authentic Portuguese cuisine. The portions are very generous. I've had the fish and octopus and they left me licking my fingers for more. Well done!

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent home-made Portuguese food but I'll never go back because of the way I was treated when I tried to use a Groupon. Groupon's rules are that expired Groupons are simply worth the amount you paid for it. I paid $40 for dinner for 4 (which was presumably worth $80) but when it expired my husband and I took Groupon at its word that it was worth $40. We checked with the waitress even before we ordered to make sure it was OK. She checked with the bartender who said we could use it like the normal Groupon. I pointed out that I didn't want to use it that way, but to take $40 off of dinner. The waitress went back to check again, and came back and said that was OK -- they would take $40 off of our bill. However, when the bill came, they would only take $18 and change off and the manager said it was because we were 2 people and not 4. It was very upsetting, particularly since we checked twice before ordering to make sure they woild honor the full $40. If they had simply told us the truth before we orderes, we would have left without ordering and taken it up with Groupon.

3  Thank jstoddardjr

Been to Holy Ghost Society? Share your experiences!