“Great food and great price”
Review of Holy Ghost Society

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Holy Ghost Society
Ranked #108 of 171 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Authentic Portuguese cuisine. The portions are very generous. I've had the fish and octopus and they left me licking my fingers for more. Well done!

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent home-made Portuguese food but I'll never go back because of the way I was treated when I tried to use a Groupon. Groupon's rules are that expired Groupons are simply worth the amount you paid for it. I paid $40 for dinner for 4 (which was presumably worth $80) but when it expired my husband and I took Groupon at its word that it was worth $40. We checked with the waitress even before we ordered to make sure it was OK. She checked with the bartender who said we could use it like the normal Groupon. I pointed out that I didn't want to use it that way, but to take $40 off of dinner. The waitress went back to check again, and came back and said that was OK -- they would take $40 off of our bill. However, when the bill came, they would only take $18 and change off and the manager said it was because we were 2 people and not 4. It was very upsetting, particularly since we checked twice before ordering to make sure they woild honor the full $40. If they had simply told us the truth before we orderes, we would have left without ordering and taken it up with Groupon.

2  Thank jstoddardjr