“The cleanest kitchen ever"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sweet Life

Sweet Life
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Life is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: USD 50 - USD 65
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“The cleanest kitchen ever"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Aside from the delicious choices of sandwiches, this small restaurant is definitely on the top of my list for being neat and clean. On peak seasons you gotta fall in line to get a table, be sure to be there early so yo'll skip the hassle of waiting but its definitely worth it.

• Visited September 2011
frenchview_65, Owner at Sweet Life, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Thanks for your positive review, but unfortunately, you got us mix up with another restaurant as we are a fine dining establishment open during the season only for dinner. We do not serve sandwiches and our guests mostly make reservations to join us.

Thanks for correcting the name of the restaurant you are describing as I am sure they would appreciate your review.

New York City, New York
“Tasty and romantic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

Eating outside here was like dining in a little enchanted garden. The food was fresh and delectable!

Visited September 2011
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“Everything I'd hoped it would be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

This restaurant is in my town and I've wanted to go there for quite a while. I usually don't eat out much in the summer because this is a tourist area and many restaurants are quite crowded unless you go at 5pm. For me it is much more relaxing to go at a slower time of year. The evening we went couldn't have been nicer weather wise and we sat in the garden among tables with lovely umbrella's and little white lights so the setting was wonderful. I'd read some reviews of a long wait, rushed through your meal, pricey etc. but wanted to go anyway.
Our server was a lovely young woman who made suggestions that turned out to be excellent. For my entree I had the Halibut and my husband had filet of beef and a shortrib cooked in a local Ale that he enjoyed very much. The evening ended with dessert and a sample of a drink called "Wampum" the waitress asked the bar to let us try because we had commented on the name. She was so sweet and it was totally unexpected and she even had the recipe written out for us and said "take your time and enjoy the evening".
It was a lovely evening and the bill wasn't as much as I expected for the entire meal, I am looking forward to returning again at the end of next summer or perhaps early in the season.

• Visited September 2011
New York, New York, United States
“Fantastic food in a lovely setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Great food, and excellent advice on the wine.

Well looked after in a lovely, romantic setting, with stunning art (well, in our opinion anyway) from a local artist adorning the walls.

• Visited October 2011
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
“European feel on the Vineyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Waitstaff seemed stressed, took a very long time for water and drinks initially. Once the large party was served, things improved greatly. Atmosphere romantic, food exquisite. Menu limited however, and pricey. Probably will not go back, but a nice way to spend our anniversary. Reservations a must.

• 3 of 5 bubbles