“Relaxing”
Review of Inkwell Beach

Inkwell Beach
Ranked #13 of 50 things to do in Oak Bluffs
More attraction details
Owner description: This Oak Bluffs beach and surrounding area of colorful gingerbread Victorian houses have strong links to African-American heritage on Martha's Vineyard, dating back to the Revolutionary War. The beach was the setting for a teenage romance movie called "The Inkwell."
Reviewed 8 September 2017

The beach was a little rockier than I am accustomed to, however I highly recommend a visit. I did find the water to be very clear and a little chilly.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Great time at the beach. I visited for pINKwell and it was a great time with my sorority sisters and friends.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

The Inkwell is a great place to meet people and socialize with friend. It's poppin all day into the evening. The sand is awful. Impossible to walk on without shoes or sore feet

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Five generations of my family have swam here since 1903, aka Cottage City to Oak Bluffs. Swimming here at the Inkwell bought back so many memories for me throughout 65 years. We took an island tour and no one could tell us why the beach was called the Inkwell. We had a great time!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I visited the Inkwell for the history and to meet the Polar Bears, and I did both! 7:30 am I made it in the chilly waters with a other men and women over 30 that day, to pray for the community, ourselves and send out love to the water and land. At the same time to meeting women who were loving and generous, we did water exercises and I got inducted in a secret ceremony with 8 other men and women. Now I am a lifer! And I too have been added to a committed community dedicated to giving the love to the Inkwell, anyone not understanding that...is missing the whole point of what the Inkwell stands for, to many African Americans.

3  Thank 1girl1globe