“Inkwell the beauty of history surround by blue waters and warm love!”
Review of Inkwell Beach

Inkwell Beach
Ranked #12 of 50 things to do in Oak Bluffs
More attraction details
Owner description: This Oak Bluffs beach and surrounding area of colorful gingerbread Victorian houses have strong links to African-American heritage on Martha's Vineyard, dating back to the Revolutionary War. The beach was the setting for a teenage romance movie called "The Inkwell."
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I visited the Inkwell for the history and to meet the Polar Bears, and I did both! 7:30 am I made it in the chilly waters with a other men and women over 30 that day, to pray for the community, ourselves and send out love to the water and land. At the same time to meeting women who were loving and generous, we did water exercises and I got inducted in a secret ceremony with 8 other men and women. Now I am a lifer! And I too have been added to a committed community dedicated to giving the love to the Inkwell, anyone not understanding that...is missing the whole point of what the Inkwell stands for, to many African Americans.

3  Thank 1girl1globe

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

I had no clue just how beautiful the beaches where at Marthas Vineyard until I arrived. As soon as we left the ferry, we noticed the aqua crystal clear beaches! I cannot get over how "tropical" colored the water was- felt like we where in Flordia!

The beach was spotless clean. Not a single piece of trash- even for peak tourist times. Beautiful beach with crystal clear waters... Loved the beautiful tumbled rocks by the jettys- found a few keepers!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The beach is very rocky. Made it hard to get the beach umbrella buried. Two life guard stands made it nice if you were to get distracted by the view. Parking is free along the sea wall but can be limited at peak times. Nice short walk from/to downtown and a number of public greens.

2  Thank taftdev
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Nice quiet beach that was literally our front yard. Great place to find sea glass, enjoy the sunrise or swim.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

You must take a morning to experience a morning swim at The Inkwell Beach 7 a.m. . But you will certainly enjoy a day at the beach taking in Sun and meeting new friends.