“Excellent Irish afternoon”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

I brought my son, mother and a neighbor for lunch. I've been many times but they have not and The Tinker's Son did not disappoint. Our first table was very wobbly so we were promptly moved with an apology and explanation that the previous night's crowd must have gotten rowdy. The ladies had the Shepherd's Pie and raved about it and my son and I opted for burgers, both stacked high with toppings and cooked to order. The service was great. When we arrived we were one of two parties in the upstairs dining room by the time we left there were few, if any, empty tables.

I've been to their brunch once before and it is well worth the trip if not just for the Bloody Mary bar. The food was fresh with a large selection. The brunch price was fair. I would go back to meet up with friends and family.

Fun fact, the soon to be released movie, The Finest Hours, based on the book by Michael Tougias and Casey Sherman, was filmed in part, at the Tinker's Son.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

Eh would summarize it. The beer was good, The atmosphere is old Pub, the beer was wet and cold, and the food was OK. The Burger was properly cooked and good, but hey, it's a burger. The short ribs were tender ,but more like stewed beef than savory short ribs.

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Great live music spot with good drinks and Irish pub faire. Its a great spot for brunch on sunday also. They are busy but have lots of areas to carve a spot out and jam to some tunes. The owner is Irish born and raised, having come over to start this spot and The Galley Raw Bar in Scituate Harbor (dynomite).

I've had many of the dishes at Tinker's Son. Sandwiches ( burgers, chix sandwich), Shepard's Pie are my faves. Its always a good choice.

Its got a nice feel to it, wind swept leaves in the front doorway in fall, flowers in spring. Its as it you are waliking into a pub in Cork

Brunch has something for everybody and is a must stop for those from across the pond hanging in the Irish Riviera for the week.

But its best for Beers, Apps and music late night for young and old.

Reviewed 3 December 2015

Our waitress was so patient with our need to drink lots of coffee and have a very leisurely meal. A bonus: she took great pictures of us, having studied photography in school!

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Lovethis place for a beer and an app!
The outdoor porch is a great place to watch
Football in the fall! They also have good live music!