All reviews room was clean waffles nice tv extra outlets ironing board and iron smith college free breakfast downtown northampton half mile decent breakfast the check in process corner room lots of parking wi fi breakfast sandwich up to date an older hotel
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

We made a trip out with four other couples for a night away to explore downtown. Each couple was to call for their own reservations. Let me start by commenting when I made the reservation , "Fred" was wonderful, very professional, helpful, fun to talk with. It was a great experience dealing with him.
I called the night before (April 1st) to confirm all our reservations and I did not get a name but she was very pleasant and said there should be no problem getting there early because they were pretty quiet on that night.
When we arrived on Saturday morning at 9 a.m. we instantly got attitude from the front desk clerk wearing a headband. She Told us the room wasnt ready oh wait it is....and when I asked if it was all paid for because I thought I had paid for it when I called she was snippy and told me she needed my debit card for id . I also asked her if I could put a gift in one of the rooms for one of the couples coming with us. She said no , they would do it if I bring it to them. Ok fine, I did bring the gift down to her and told her who to give it to when they checked in. She checked them in but never gave them the gift, I had to come back down and get it myself even though I was trying to suprise them with it. I also ask her about everybody being AARP and getting the discount and she said it would all show up as they check out.
As each couple checked in they also received attitude from her not knowing that we had already also. One couple was told that their room would not be ready for some time as the hotel was completely booked the night before. That is not what the other woman had told me when I called that night. Another received negativity when they asked about getting reward points.
So besides the attitude of the headband girl , the rooms were fine very nice we were in the newer part. They need a bit of deep cleaning, which was actually my same complaint 2 years ago when we stayed here. The cobwebs in the corners, and the exhaust fan in the bathroom was clogged with dust, but other than that they were pretty clean and new. We had all the amenities that we needed the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff we're very nice and helpful when I locked myself out of the room.
The breakfast the next morning was good. Many choices including make your own waffle.
Location is good just a half-mile walk to downtown.
Overall a great stay with only two complaints.
The treatment we all received from the front desk clerk , who seemed young and maybe with some proper customer service training may do okay, as she was okay when we were leaving.
And the fact that every one of us paid a different price as she didn't add AARP for three of the couples as she said she would, and in our hustling to head out on our adventures we didn't pay attention and check the charges, one couple actually paid $57 more than we did for the same room type.
Overall , I would stay here again, but I feel bad that I was the organizer of this outing and quoted everyone the price Fred had given but I was the only one that paid that lower rate :(

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2016

My daughter and I spent two nights here while visiting colleges. It's just outside Northampton, a quick minute or two into town. Our room was comfortable and clean and breakfast was tasty. From the photos, I assumed we'd be staying in the hotel building rather than a motel (with our room door opening to the parking lot) but this wasn't the case. We didn't mind, though, as the area felt incredibly safe.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Nicole Z, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased to hear we were able to meet you needs while staying with us, and more importantly provide an environment where you feel safe. We hope you enjoyed your visits to the area colleges and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

This hotel has great access to many places. I have stayed here plenty of times and because of the location it's great. Some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which we used to cook our dinner. Room was always clean. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LOVE2TRAVEL2LAKES
Nicole Z, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. It is great to hear we have been able to hit the mark for you during your stays. We hope to see you on your next visit to Northampton.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Friendly front desk staff and conveniently located just outside of downtown Northampton, but rooms feel damp and have a 'mildewy' smell about them. Rooms are clean. Lots of parking and reasonable rates M-Th.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor rooms; quieter and less 'damp' smelling.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Stayed one night to attend a show at the Academy of Music. An easy 15 minute walk to downtown. Very friendly staff, decent clean room, with the usual amenities. Breakfast was terrific, make your own egg mcmuffin style, along with exceptional bakery level muffins. Got a great rate through Priceline and would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast. We hope to see on your next visit to the area.