“Local flavorful breakfast and lunch”
Review of Jake's Restaurant

Jake's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 153 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Stopped here on the way through Northampton. We always forget it's a college town, not a sleepy downtown at all. We had to wait about 35-40 minutes for a table, but it was worth it. The staff was friendly and the food was good. It looks like they are known for their hash. We didn't try it but it's highly customizable including a vegetarian option.

They include a lot of locally produced meats and dairy on their menu as well.

We went with some specials- two benedicts - which had great flavor and were cooked well. Even the yogurt we ordered for our kid was good.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I was intrigued by the menu and insisted we come here for breakfast while visiting in the area. Small, busy place, yet the service was excellent. Since I'm the adventurous one in the family, I ordered "Pork belly eggs benedict". It had a lot of flavors going on - sauteed greens, shallots, garlic on top of toasted sourdough bread (I would've preferred an english muffin). The pork belly was on the tough side and with all the other ingredients, wasn't quite the star of the dish it should've been. Home fries were huge chunks of potatoes cooked and seasoned to perfection (I thought they were delicious - others in my group were disappointed, since they prefer bland smaller pieces of potato!) Omelets were made with plain eggs, and then filled as opposed to ingredients cooked into the eggs (my daughter's complaint).

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Best breakfast in years!

The hash (chicken bacon ranch) was incredible, but he pulled pork eggs benedict was OMG heavenly.

Today, with temperatures outside ranging from 34-44 degrees from 9 am-12:30 pm, people were standing outside to get in! I fully understand why they were waiting...the food was absolutely amazing.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

By far the best breakfast around! Food is top notch - especially the pancakes! Whenever I have folks visiting we come here for the unique, local menu and the ambience. Staff is super friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

While passing through MA, decided to visit Northampton for a quick lunch. Found Jakes and it did not disappoint. In addition to a great chick pea burger for me and a daily grind burger for hubby, the waitress served up caring treatment for a disheveled person outside the restaurant. She respectfully went out and talked to a man in a wheelchair who looked both handicapped and down on his luck. A thoughtful patron paid for lunch for him and the waitress brought him in and served him with flair. Congratulations to Jakes' for providing a fulfilling lunch experience all around.