“Great for lunch, expensive for dinner”

Viva Fresh Pasta Company
Ranked #24 of 153 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are "a small neighborhood restaurant (with two floors of dining!) that serves unpretentious fare in generous portions at reasonable prices to a loyal clientele. The mood is warm and friendly. The food is fragrant, earthy and sensual." WHAT IS IN YOUR FOOD? We cook for your enjoyment and for your health! We use only non-GMO Canola & Extra Virgin Olive oil in our sauces. For saute items we also use non-GMO Grape Seed & Rice Bran oil. Our Eggs are organic. Our pasta flour is high-protein non-GMO durum flour. Our corn meal for polenta is organic and non-GMO.
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Homemade pastas, sauces and soups, all really tasty. Good wine list. For lunch the price is really reasonable. For dinner, its a little pricey. The service is usually really good, but the last time I was there, they were just and the service was soooooooo sloooooooow. So if you are in a rush, maybe skip it. Otherwise, really really good pasta.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Loved the freshly made penne in tomato vodka sauce with a couple of meatballs. Great atmosphere and friendly staff.

Reservation necessary before 7:00 on evenings when there is a performance at theater across the street. Also best to park behind the park on other side of Main Street on weekend evenings.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I like their black pepper pasta. It's classic and incredibly tasty. The downstairs can feel a little claustrophobic, but I like the lighting and warmth; it's very romantic. Always a great trip.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here prior to a concert across the street and dinner was superb. Fresh pasta with an incredible selection of sauces. The best Alfredo sauce I have ever had. Creamy, flavorful and just the right consistency. Side of sausage as well that was delicious. My husband also had the fresh pasta with meatballs and a spicy tomato based sauce. Excellent as well. Ambiance reminded me of eating in Tuscany.....wonderful food, no rush and attentive service complete with Prosecco and strong Italian coffee. This is the best place for fresh pasta and more.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on a recent Friday night and decided to eat outside at one of the two outside tables. It took our wait person approximately 15 minutes to come by the table so we could order drinks. I also told him we needed setups and would like some bread. He said that bread doesn’t come with the meal but for $1.50 he would bring a baguette which after another 10 minutes he did. I ordered risotto with apples and beets and my companion ordered tortellini bolognese. Both dishes arrived after another 20-25 minutes and both were lukewarm at best. My risotto was good and The tortellini in my companion’s dish was good but the bolognese sauce was so spicy he couldn’t eat it. I asked for grated cheese and after another 20 minutes the waiter came by to see how our meals were. I told him again that mine would be better with grated cheese. He brought it out after another 10 minutes at which time I asked for the check. The venue is NOT inexpensive as our dinner for two came to in excess of $50.00 with NO alcohol. We would not rush back as there are many other choices in Northampton.