“Always a treat”

Viva Fresh Pasta Company
Ranked #26 of 152 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are "a small neighborhood restaurant (with two floors of dining!) that serves unpretentious fare in generous portions at reasonable prices to a loyal clientele. The mood is warm and friendly. The food is fragrant, earthy and sensual." WHAT IS IN YOUR FOOD? We cook for your enjoyment and for your health! We use only non-GMO Canola & Extra Virgin Olive oil in our sauces. For saute items we also use non-GMO Grape Seed & Rice Bran oil. Our Eggs are organic. Our pasta flour is high-protein non-GMO durum flour. Our corn meal for polenta is organic and non-GMO.
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Dinner last night was spot on as usually. Dining with another couple and our teenage children our waitress Jenny did an awesome job. The cauliflower and leek soup was a pleasant surprise. The mussels of the day had a mild flavor of tomatoes and peppers. The sauce could have been a little more bold. My salmon was cooked perfectly medium rare. The spinach fettuccine aglio e olio delicious but a little sticky. My wife's chicken with pesto tortellini was perfect. The lamb chops, although small were perfectly prepared. Dinner never disappoints.

Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat in Northampton,MA . We asked the pe at WEBS yarn store where would be a good place to go. They suggested several places, but the place that really struck us why is VivaFresh Past because they told us, the pasta was freshly made. We made reservations for Friday night at 7 o'clock. Upon entering the restaurant I recognized how crowded it was and was afraid that we would be very cramped. There was another dining room downstairs. After studying the menu the major decisions and waited for our meal. warm spinach salad was so large we could easily share. The same goes for the big salad. Both were absolutely delicious and the dressings were very,very tasty.. One entree was a wild mushroom walnut ravioli. The combinations of flavors was spectacular. The pork Marsala was tender with light and creamy cheese tortellini . Fra Diablo sauce with the linguine and shrimp was outstanding and ordered again on the second night we went back. Desert was a cannoli was the best we ever had. Freshly filled and delicious. On the way out we complimented the owner who came to our table the second night . Absolutely delightful. Staff and food outstanding.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

It was too early for dinner, but the tired legs won at 4:30 - we read the menu, it was open so we tried Viva. We seated ourselves at a table overlooking the Northampton street scene when the waitress came over with menus and quickly perceived we were newbies. She explained they made a variety of pastas and sauces in house and we them the way we wanted or choose from some specials. My wife went with her fall back of chicken piccata and I had the blackened salmon with your choice of pasta special - I picked red pepper and chipotle - both of us were not expecting much, but when the meals arrived we both pronounced them exceptional. So good we even tried dessert - I the cheese cake and my wife, the flourless chocolate cake. Seriously - we didn't have room but was worth the effort. Service was prompt, the food superb - We will be back.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

This restaurant was highly recommended by a friend who comes to Northampton often. We decided to stop here for lunch. It's small and cozy. Many selections on the menu. I wanted to try their fresh pasta and ordered their artichoke ravioli and chose romesco sauce and meatball to top it off. The pasta was fresh but I found a little doughy, could have been rolled out thinner. The sauce and filling were very tasty. I wasn't a fan of the meatball, maybe I should have ordered one of their other protein toppings. My friend ordered the roast pork, the dish was beautifully presented but she thought it was just OK. Service was good and friendly. We expected a lot more from reading all the reviews on this site, we were disappointed. Next time we will have to try some of their other selections.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

Cute little restaurant with a nice variety of pastas, tapas and some other less common dishes. The food was fresh and home made . Overall an excellent place for dinner.