“Truly a Hamp tradition”

Ranked #19 of 152 Restaurants in Northampton
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Joes is a family favorite of ours. My husband has been going to Joes since he was a kid and now we take our kids there. The food is always consistent and delicious and the company is always fun and entertaining. We love the pizza, of course, but there is so many choices on the menu for every taste. My children LOVE the meatballs. They are huge and flavorful. The best part of Joes is the people. There is always a character or two sitting at the bar and the environment is always friendly. When in Hamp, Joes is a must.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

A great experience always. Pizza and Spaghetti made MANY ways! Friendly service, sometime crowded; so what. . .

Reviewed 13 October 2016

A Northampton classic. Have always loved Joe's, great pizzas, EXCELLENT fried calamari. Highly recommend the mushroom salad. HOWEVER, something hasn't been quite right the last few times. The sauce served with the calamari was cold as if it just came out of a deep freeze, while the pizza was simultaneously undercooked, in spite of the vegetable toppings being overcooked and mushy.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I loved the food here.. The service was fantastic. This is a cute local mom and pop restaurant.with history! The service was fantastic. Everyone at the table loved the food. No complaints. Cannot wait till I am back in town. This will be the first place I go to eat.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I love Northampton and every time I visit the Pioneer Valley I stop for a nice walk in this beautiful town. My boyfriend introduced me to this spaghetti house...his family loves this place. The atmosphere is old-style: everything apparently stopped in the 50s. Everybody seemed to have dinner there, but we only had the time for a beer at the counter (very good) and our table was ready. We had a wonderful Italian salad and we ordered a pizza. It was really very good, thin and crunchy. I wish I was hungry enough to order something more (pasta dishes seemed really gorgeous) but it was late. The recipes come from the Italian tradition but probably during the years they have been influenced by the American taste. Nonetheless it's a very good place to stop. Informal atmosphere and fair prices.