“Very Good But Pricey”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We are from rural Florida so most of these Boston restaurants look expensive to us. Four adults, no alcohol, and the tab was $112 - which is probably average for the area. Located on a street corner in the downtown section. Parking lot located behind the restaurant. Large portions. Very good flavor. We visited on graduation weekend and service was sometimes slow. Upscale and younger clientele. Found only one restroom each for male and female and both were one person at a time. We ate outside in a tent.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We were here during the middle of a big business endeavor and they seated a party of 26 at minimal notice - the staff and servers were amazing, pleasant, polite and friendly. Everyone was very satisfied with their meal, I would say that for an Italian restaurant located in a non-Italian area, the food was good.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Mediocre meal. Very disappointed. I had the $30 special: swordfish, risotto and asparagus. The fish was overdone, the risotto dry and the asparagus was raw. The olive app, bread, and beet salad were lovely. Our server was friendly and kind. Bar service was extremely slow.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I go there because my wife likes the atmosphere, but the food is really mediocre. Mussels are well prepared but anemic with respect to size.. The "meatballs" in their pasta, are partially meat, but basically resemble a meatloaf formed into spheres. If their pasta were half as good as the Penne with Italian sausage at Johnny's diner on rte 9,
I'd be satisfied, even if the price were twice as high. I will say that they are generous with wine.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

At the last minute we decided to try this local eatery, due to it convenient location close to family we were visiting and our hotel. The restaurant was very busy and we, along with another party, were seated in the downstairs eating area. In order to get there the maître de took us thru the kitchen area, which had food on the floor, garbage cans, and servers milling about. Having worked as a waitress in my younger days, I realize it is impossible, especially when busy to keep the kitchen area 100%, however I would strongly suggest another route or blocking this view from patrons in some way. The party behind us even remarked that this was not doing anything to bolster our appetites. Upon being seated we were brought bread w/olive oil for dipping, which was just OK. Two of the members of our party ordered one of the specials that night which was seared Tuna over risotto, One member ordered another special the Beef Kabobs, while the other ordered the Shrimp and clams scampi over linguine off the menu. All dishes came with a side of mixed vegetables zucchini, squash, peppers, carrots and broccoli, which was very tasty. The shrimp scampi which came with a salad with balsamic vinegar dressing was thouroughly enjoyed, however, the Tuna and Beef were undercooked and had to be sent back. As a sushi lover and eater of seafood for over 20 years, I feel I can judge when Tuna is undercooked. Pink is one thing, red and still cool to the touch is another thing. The member of our party who ordered the beef, also saw red. All three dishes were sent back and returned cooked and re-plated. All in all the meal was OK, nothing to write home about. Our waitress Cassie was very nice and attentive. Wine selection was adequate. The total cost of our meal, which included our 4 entrees, one bottle of red, one bottle of white, no appetizers or deserts came to $167.