“Comfy, Great location and friendly staff”
Review of Hotel Northampton

Hotel Northampton
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My sisters and I decided on the Hotel Northampton for a weekend getaway to do some shopping in a New England town we had only driven through and liked the look of it. It was close to Yankee Candle which was our primary destination. When we arrived the one room was ready but not the other so we decided to walk around for a bit. The hotel is perfectly situated in downtown so there is absolutely no need to drive. When our rooms were ready we were delighted. We booked the Garden Queen Suite with 2 queen beds, kitchen and fireplace. Although the room is in a separate house behind the hotel I liked it because I was able to park my car right outside the entry door. My 2 sisters were staying the garden jr. suite directly above us. The bonus of this arrangment was there is an interior door on the stairway that can link the two rooms so it was like we had the entire house to ourselves without having to go outside to access either room. The staff answered any questions we had and even worked with us with the split billing( since we were all paying separately). A little noisy in the am but other than that we loved our rooms. But skip the breakfast it was the most disappointing thing about our stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wheezer178
Christopher S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review. We appreciate the picture that you've painted of our hotel and community for future travelers and it sounds like you had a great trip! I am glad to hear that the Suites in our Owner's Cottage worked out so well for you. That is tuly one of the little know gems of our property. Thank you again and I hope that we will be able to accomodate you and your sisters again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I love staying at this hotel. The food is amazing (breakfast is a must even though I usually skip it normally I do eat it here). I was there for restaurant week. I stayed in the garden room. It is cozy and comfortable. They do have a fridge and microwave in the rooms so you can walk across the street or drive and pick up food and or drinks. The hair and body products are wonderful (not the typical hotel icky stuff). The staff is wonderful and want to help you from the minute you get there. Plenty of parking on site. They will give you directions to any place you want to go to. Great venue for weddings and or events. I did stay when they were sold out and did not hear noises quiet!!!

Room Tip: I love the garden rooms. It is a little more money but well worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Geekontherun
Christopher S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so appreciative to have been able to accommodate you this past week and I'm glad to hear that everything was to your satisfaction. I love the breakfast here too. Both the complimentary continental and the hot items available off of the menu are great! Good tip on the Gothic Gardens rooms as well!
Thanks again, I hope we'll be able to be of service again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband, baby daughter, and I stayed for one impromptu night, and we enjoyed this place very much. Other reviewers have raved about the great location, and I have to agree that you cannot get more central. Parking was easily accessible and the front desk staff was helpful.

The cleanliness of our room lived up to my high standards. I even checked under the bed and in the closet, but didn't find any lost items of guests past or dust bunnies. The decor is antique and charming. I did note that although the building is very large, our room was on the small side and the general architecture of the hallways felt a little closed in. The lobby and common areas on the first floor, however, were very open and beautifully decorated.

The bathroom toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mouth rinse, and shoe polish. I found the extras to be a nice touch.

Continental breakfast included all of the expected items: coffee, tea, fruit, cereal, and pastries. A waiter did offer us eggs and bacon for an additional charge but we declined. We did not experience Wiggins Pub but it looked like a nice, historic restaurant.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank emumarkland
Christopher S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your great review. Thank you for pointing out so many great features of our hotel. Being a historic hotel, each and every one of our 106 rooms are unique unto themselves in decor, layout and size. This is truly uniqe feature which only adds to the charm of the building. I hope that you'll be able to come and see us again soon and that you'll be able to try the Wiggins Tavern. I'm sure that Chef Bob will not disappoint!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Hotel Northampton is the best in town, among few. It is clean, well-staffed, and wears its years well. Our room was in the new cottage across the parking lot from the main building. The room was spacious, if expensive ($310) for NoHo.

There was unfortunate garbage collection noise on both mornings before 8AM, which was really annoying considering it was Memorial Day Weekend (Monday and Tuesday mornings).

The restaurants and bars are nice, serviceable.

I have family in NoHo and will always stay here.

Noise free mornings, and the addition of a gym would make me even happier and might justify the price tag.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience here as well. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and apologize for the early wake-up. We will certainly pass this information along. Also, we do have an on-site fitness center free to all guests. On your next stay, our front desk will be happy to direct you. Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2012

My husband surprised me with a night in the Hotel Northampton and it was a pleasant treat. The common areas are beautiful, especially the sun porch along the front of the building. Fantastic location within an easy walk of boutiques and restaurants.
My only complaint is that the breakfast could have had more options.

Room Tip: Book one of the rooms with access to a roofdeck/porch...great place to relax or have a glass of wine...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Christopher S, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel during your surprise visit! Our large balcony rooms overlooking King St. and downtown Northampton are certainly the best place in town to enjoy a glas of wine! Thank you for your comments, we'll be sure to share them with all of our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
1 km away
8.9 km away
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
8.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Amherst-Hadley

Been to Hotel Northampton? Share your experiences!