“Best Burritos on the East Coast”
Review of Bueno Y Sano

Bueno Y Sano
Ranked #16 of 152 Restaurants in Northampton
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Bueno Y Sano, in downtown Northampton, Massachusetts, serves up the best burritos, tacos, quesadillas, and salads around with your choice of sizzling meats, grilled veggies, salsas and more. Casual and family-friendly. Established in 1995 by Bob Lowry, a UMASS alum, Bueno Y Sano serves up fast, delicious food and takes pride in giving back to the community. Visit one of our seven locations - we're also in Amherst, Springfield, West Springfield, and Acton, MA and Burlington and South Burlington, VT. Open 7 days, 11AM - 10PM (hours may vary). Call ahead and we'll have your order ready.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

You can't beat Bueno for quality food at a great price. There are tons of options and they're very accommodating to special requests. No, it's not authentic Mexican, but that's not what they're going for. I've tried every burrito I could find on the east coast, and these are the best. Options for kids, gluten free, vegans, and everyone in between

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Bueno does not disappoint. You may choose from their classic choices or build your own quesadillas/burritos. The guac is good, too. Love the vibe and eating in window area is treat.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Delicious and not greasy! My favorite is the chicken and portabella mushroom quesadilla but their burritos are amazing too. good price and great food

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Bueno Y Sano has great food and options for everyone. My family is vegetarian and they had many options for our group. The location is downtown and in the middle of everything. Their food comes in giant servings so I would not order to much. The atmosphere is crowded and the room is small but overall the food is great.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Besides Chinese and Thai, Mexican is one of our favorite dining out foods. We tried this place on the main drag in Northampton for a late lunch and were very impressed. They serve what I call "baby arm" burritos in that these things are as big around as a baby's arm.

My wife got the Thai burrito with chicken and raved. I tried it and it was like having a good Thai dish wrapped in a burrito. I had a traditional chicken burrito that featured rice, beans, veggies, chicken, salsa, and pretty much everything else including yogurt (instead of sour cream) at no extra charge. Mine was a plate so it also came with rice and beans and a stuffed jalapeno.

We got my wife a side of chips which was a large bag of freshly made taco chips that we dipped in the various offerings from the salsa bar which included a hot sauce that sneaks up on you like a spicy ninja. The place was simple, like a west coast taqueria and featured some cool art on the walls. You order when you walk in and pay and they call your number pretty quickly. Bathrooms were clean as was the whole place and you could tell the locals liked it quite a bit. Overall, a great value and lots of fresh spicy food.