“Great food, but busy”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 11 July 2017

A friend had recommended we stop at this place for brunch on our way down to Plymouth from Boston. We got there at just about noon on a Friday, so we hoped it wouldn't be too busy. They told us it would be about 35 minutes, but it was closer to an hour and there were only 4 or 5 tables in front of us. They do not flip tables quickly here. The servers are attentive, but they take their time. They are clearly told not to rush people. It also took a while for the food to come out. Not a problem, but this is not the place you want to go if you are in a hurry. The whole experience for us was about 2 hours worth of time.

If you have the time to spend to have a meal here, the food is delicious. I got freshly squeezed orange juice, which is rare to get anywhere. I had the special omelet, which had bacon, lobster, cheese and avocado. I was amazed at how much lobster came in the omelet. It was $10 extra for the lobster, but it was well worth it.

The service was great. We sat at the counter, which wasn't ideal, but the servers working behind the counter were very attentive and very friendly.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Heard about this place for a long time...the over an hour's wait for the Sunday brunch meet with friends..and biggish prices...just did not feel worth going back. Food was good, but not great and the atmosphere did nothing for me....I wish them luck, but I won't be back.

1  Thank Marilyn J
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Arrived at 12:30 on the first Friday of summer to find people waiting across the street in the shade for a table. They do not take reservations for lunch or have call ahead seating, but they took my cell number and sent a text when they had a table. Actually they offered seats at the bar, not my first choice, but we decided not to wait any longer.

Food was good, sandwiches and light fare. Portions were fine but not overly generous. Nothing to take home. Service on this day was a little slow, but it was busy. We were served by the bartender, so service was not anything special.

Would like to go back for dinner, with a reservation in hand.

Lunch for two with ice tea (no wine or beer) was $43 including tip.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Friends and I visited this restaurant for brunch, even though it was packed and a wait for a table. The noise level was nearly deafening. It would not be a place to sit and have a conversation. Once seated service was OK but could have been better. The server was non-intrusive, but not particularly friendly or attentive.

The factor that saves this restaurant for me is the delicious food. I ate the eggs benedict. The best I've ever had!!!!! The red sauce was outstanding. Portion size was perfect. Both my friends commented how much they enjoyed their food. I could eat here regularly just to taste other food items on the menu.

I encourage others to try this restaurant realizing it has some drawbacks. The food is so worth it!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I wanted to try something different for breakfast/brunch on Sunday morning (non-holiday). After checking some of the reviews, I decided on this place. We arrived at the restaurant at 9:05 a.m. (there appeared to be several people waiting already). I dropped my boyfriend off to get us in line, while I parked the car (good decision and highly recommended). He was told @ 45 minute wait. Although he was not too keen on waiting, I was.

At 10:15 a.m. we were seated for brunch. I started off with a extra spicy bloody Mary. OMG it was just the perfect mix of spices! And so delicious. I think I will make my way back here for this cocktail alone -- they do make it right! Our breakfast/lunch was good too. He had the farmers special -- 2 eggs over easy, toast and bacon (he later raved about the bacon). I had the chicken and waffles and it was satisfying -- not the best I have had, but definitely good.

I must note that my bf, while attempting to put extra pepper on his eggs, mistakenly grabbed the salt shaker and attempted to grind the pepper, thereby taking off the salt cap and getting a plate full of salt on his eggs! Within 30 seconds a waiter was at the table and replaced the eggs! He wasn't even our waiter. Apparently there is quite a bit of team work with the wait staff here! Needless to say, I think the wait staff here is excellent. Our waitress had the perfect mix of friendliness and professionalism.

I didn't care too much for the metal chairs, but the decor is quaint and inviting. There appeared to be 2/3 large groups attending -- with several children -- while we were there; accordingly, the atmosphere was very loud and very far from relaxing or romantic (folks continually ran/jostled between 3 tables). Given the menu prices (which are not out of line with the quality of food and/or the attention to detail of the service), I'd prefer a more relaxing atmosphere for brunch; unfortunately, the atmosphere while I attended was more akin to a IHOP.

If you want a relaxing weekend brunch, this may not be the place for you. If you want good food and great service, this is the place. Be prepared to pay accordingly, and know that you take your chances with the wait times and the kids running around while you attempt to enjoy your meal.

Been to The Farmer's Daughter? Share your experiences!