“Worst Churrascaria I’ve been to”
Review of Chama Grill

Chama Grill
Ranked #19 of 77 Restaurants in North Andover
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chama Grill is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant offers Italian cuisine and Brazilian BBQ, serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork and chicken. Our service is in the traditional rodizio style, with our servers presenting you with skewers of our grilled meats at your table.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I live in Brazil, I didn’t expect this to compare to a good churrascaria there, but I was hoping it would at least compare favourably with others in the US. The service was very slow, and we were almost forgotten about near the end (and there was only one other table.) The accompaniments were served on the table rather than the usual buffet, there was no farofa, farinha, guaraná or grilled pineapple (the waitress said she gets asked for them a lot, there’s a good reason for this...) Like I said at the start, I didn’t expect the levels of a churrascaria in Brazil, but I hoped for at least an attempt.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I have lived in North Andover for 4 years, we never stepped foot in Chama, boy were we wrong.

Both times we were extremely pleased by the menu, the staff and also how kid friendly it was. I love the all you can eat BBQ, although bring an appetite. My kids loved the meatballs, bread, and aranchini. We were pleasantly surprised by the drink menu, not to mention the variety of options. You really can't go wrong here at all.

Top notch beers, mixed drinks, and wine. Great for a date night, family gathering, or special occasion.

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 23 February 2018

Beyond disappointed. I work hard for my money and don't like to throw it out the window. Going to Chama is like setting your cash on fire. We had reservations on 2/17 for a large group. We were seated promptly. Drink orders taken quickly. That's when everything went downhill. It took almost 20 minutes to get our first round. It was a foreshadowing for what was to come. At that point we should have got up and left.

Everyone in our group got the BBQ. It was probably another 25-30 minutes before we were provided with the platters of the sides that go with the BBQ. Maybe 15-20 minutes after that was when the first meat was brought out. So it was over an hour before we had our mains.

Service was spotty with long lapses between the various meat courses. When our table ran out of side orders we had to keep requesting refills. That we never received. We were there for three hours and never had the sides refilled. We never even got to sample each of the meats that is supposed to be part of the bbq. The bbq chefs ignored our table. We were seated by the kitchen so there my group is sitting with empty plates for 45 minutes watching the skewers being taken to other tables. A few in my group got up to find out what the story was.

When I asked a waitress, Melissa, what the deal was, that our plates were empty she barked at me. It was my fault apparently that the kitchen didn't prepare enough food. We spoke with other staff and despite their empty, hollow promises of 'we'll get the sides refilled' or 'we'll send the chefs over' they never did. Our plates remained empty.

Unlike an all you can eat buffet the Chama is all you can eat but it's conditional on the staff actually bringing you food. Maybe the owner is cheap and wants to limit the 'all you can eat' portion by not actually providing food to people. After the final time the bbq chefs stopped by our table there was another 45 minute gap just sitting there with empty plates and no sides. You can't eat and then stop for 30 minutes and then be given a little piece of something and then another 30 minute gap and then a tidbit then another 30 minute gap. Two people at our table were each given a chunk of meat, but no one else. So the rest of us are sitting there hungry with empty plates wondering what just happened. The chefs never came back.

We were there for three hours, left hungry and it cost over $80 a couple with very few drinks and no dessert. Folks in my group had to stop for food on the way home because they were hungry.

There are a lot of good Brazilian restaurants in the area. Chama is not one of them. Chama is not real Brazilian bbq. I've never left Brazilian bbq hungry before.

Extremely overpriced for fair quality food, horrible service, in a loud setting that doesn't provide the food that it promises. AVOID and SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Excellent for, excellent service from Laurie! Excellent prices! The interior decor is perfect. We wished the young man was playing the piano tonight but he didn't. A must try! The BBQ is awesome!!

1  Thank chrodg
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We didn't partake in the Brazilian BBQ that this place is so well known for but we did enjoy their Italian food. Our waitress was very attentive and the service was great. My chicken marsala was wonderful with a sweet wine sauce and plenty of mushrooms. My husbands lobster ravioli wasn't his favorite but he still enjoyed it. We plan to return with friends sometime to try the Brazilian BBQ.