“Disappointing”
Review of Szechuan Taste & Thai Cafe - CLOSED

Szechuan Taste & Thai Cafe
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We had dinner here and we were not impressed. Duck is a favorite of mine but the duck in my entree was tough, overcooked, fatty and the skin was like rubber. The sauce tasted like something you would get out of a cheap frozen meal. My hot and sour soup was quite flavorless and had very little in it besides broth. The fried rice tasted like they took white rice and added some soy sauce and tons of ginger. It was terrible. We won't be going back.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Visited the place with 6~7 different families, party of 22.
Service was good although they were missing many drunks in the menu.
Food was fair, not great but not bad. We were told from some regulars of the group to stick with basics.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

One of my favorite Chinese food restaurants here on the Seacoast. Their sushi bar is fantastic and their Chinese food is very delicious too. I have only ever ordered their Pu Pu Platter, a variety of rices and chicken, but each time I have ordered them, it has been fantastic. The wait staff are always very attentive and the atmosphere is always very calm and inviting. Will continue to come to this establishment.

Reviewed 19 April 2016

I would suggest that Szechuan Taste be avoided. We ordered five different dishes and every dish was quite awful - the scallion pancake was soggy, tasteless and difficult to chew; the fresh broccoli could not have been fresh (although when I asked, they claimed it was; maybe just poor quality produce?); the dumplings were pasty; the fried rice very salty and not tasty; and the lo mein not any better, either. I have had grocery store frozen food entries that are far superior. We will not return - and have discarded our take-out menu at home. I share this not to complain - I share so that others can avoid the disappointment and the waste of their money and waste of a night out.

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

I apologize for my lack of support, but the fact this establishment has prime downtown location and is super friendly staff, their chef is not qualified. We ordered several dishes including appetizers, the only thing respectable to eat were the appetizers, all the main dishes just fair at best. Why? I don't know, but I am hopeful this restaurant will search for a new vibrant Chinese chef that will produce great tasting food - like I said, location, location, location.