“When you're too tired to cook, Dragon Chef is always there”
Review of Dragon Chef

Dragon Chef
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Needham
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

and it seems like it always HAS been there. Very reliable place, you know you're going to get what you wanted and it's going to be hot and tasty and ready on time.

Huge menu, reasonable prices, if you get there early you can watch them work in the well lit open kitchen.

Website is out of the late 1990's, though!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

A pleasant surprise in Needham. We enjoyed our selection, beef and mushrooms, egg drop soup and spicy chicken. The fried rice was excellent too. We were greeted with a smile and happy to help you attitude at 10:15pm. Definitely would be on our return too list, but live far away. If you are local go, just remember it’s take out only.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 14 November 2017

We've been coming here for years. The food is consistently great as well as the service. It is only for take-out really, although there is a very small counter with a couple of stools up against the window. The dinner specials are a good value & then you add on whatever else you'd like from the menu. The food is fresh, tasty, not greasy & stays piping hot until you get home. Their crab rangoons are probably some of the best that we have ever had! When I call to place an order I just give my first name & he immediately knows me....everything in the order is accurate & he remembers things such as "extra duck sauce" and "no hot mustard". I've never had to wait too long for the order once I call it in....it's served with a smile & some nice conversation. We probably order from here about 2 - 3 times a month.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 21 October 2017

"Downtown" Needham really deson't have that many great Chinese sit down restaurants - in fact, I think the last one has now become a non-food store - so we were forced to drive around to find a to-go joint as a fall back. Our first surprise is that, unlike other Chinese restaurants (See Dragon Dynasty), if you want an appetizer like a crab rangoon, chicken wing or egg roll, you have to pay $2.45 extra on a $7.50 luncheon special, making it now a $10 lunch special. Ouch! I can go elsewhere for a sit down luncheon special, pay $3 less, and get a cup of soup and tea in the price. Dragon Chef is NOT for me. Sorry.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is our Friday night take out spot. After a long week we kick back at home with what we consider the best Chinese in the area. Very fast service, personable owners, you can see into the kitchen and watch your order prepared.

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Dragon Chef? Share your experiences!