“A surprise in Needham”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

A pleasant surprise in Needham. We enjoyed our selection, beef and mushrooms, egg drop soup and spicy chicken. The fried rice was excellent too. We were greeted with a smile and happy to help you attitude at 10:15pm. Definitely would be on our return too list, but live far away. If you are local go, just remember it’s take out only.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We've been coming here for years. The food is consistently great as well as the service. It is only for take-out really, although there is a very small counter with a couple of stools up against the window. The dinner specials are a good value & then you add on whatever else you'd like from the menu. The food is fresh, tasty, not greasy & stays piping hot until you get home. Their crab rangoons are probably some of the best that we have ever had! When I call to place an order I just give my first name & he immediately knows me....everything in the order is accurate & he remembers things such as "extra duck sauce" and "no hot mustard". I've never had to wait too long for the order once I call it in....it's served with a smile & some nice conversation. We probably order from here about 2 - 3 times a month.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

"Downtown" Needham really deson't have that many great Chinese sit down restaurants - in fact, I think the last one has now become a non-food store - so we were forced to drive around to find a to-go joint as a fall back. Our first surprise is that, unlike other Chinese restaurants (See Dragon Dynasty), if you want an appetizer like a crab rangoon, chicken wing or egg roll, you have to pay $2.45 extra on a $7.50 luncheon special, making it now a $10 lunch special. Ouch! I can go elsewhere for a sit down luncheon special, pay $3 less, and get a cup of soup and tea in the price. Dragon Chef is NOT for me. Sorry.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This is our Friday night take out spot. After a long week we kick back at home with what we consider the best Chinese in the area. Very fast service, personable owners, you can see into the kitchen and watch your order prepared.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

In my opinion, Chinese is weak around these parts. That said, dragon chef takeout appears very clean and offers quality food. Love in noodles a bit different from what I'm used to, general tso isn't spicy. Honestly, don't know what's right