“Delicious Seafood”

Scales Seafood & Ice Cream
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Millbury
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My parents rave about this place - they visit maybe once a year and that is all they talk about - are we going to Scales when we come up? The food is delicious and who knew it is in the little town of Millbury.. The decor is intriguing - full of weighing scales. I love the double entendre scales and scales - apropos - love this tiny non-ocean front seafood joint - I recommend the Clams or the scallops or the fisherman platter or the......

Reviewed 6 June 2017

We ordered 2 of their fried seafood combo platter. Choices are Haddock, Whole Clams, Sea Scallops, Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp. We had the haddock and sea scallops and haddock and whole clams. It was all very good and plenty for leftovers.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Found this place while visiting the area for my sons AAU baseball game. When I walked through the door I was impressed with what I saw. The place seems like a small town place to be. The visit didn't start off right when I was standing by the "pick up" window and the woman behind the counter came over cleaning the area, didn't even acknowledge me, and kept on walking up to me and wouldn't say a word. I was that point when I said to myself, I must be doing something wrong. So I'm looking around and noticed that I was at the wrong window and stepped to the side about 4 feet and then she took my order. I live about 30 miles from here and ran over to Scales to grab a quick bite to eat. In the small town that I live in the woman behind the counter would have asked me if I needed help, not ignore me.

I had a Cheeseburger Sub and a cup of Clam Chowder. Food wasn't bad and the price couldn't be beat.

Normally I would have walked out do to someone giving me the attitude like that. The family in front of me let me go first because I was by myself, so she knew I was placing an order. Just found it funny, that as soon as I slid over a few feet and stood in the right spot she spoke to me. I have my opinion on why she did this, but this is not the site to do that.

The food was great, the price couldn't be beat, but being a little friendly to a non-local goes a long way.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We love thin-crust pizza...and pizza that is freshly made (and not globby grease!). We moved to the area two years ago and recently found Scales...wish we found them sooner! Absolutely love their pizza. Won't order anywhere else. If you like the pre-made crust, tons of greasy cheeze and dense toppings...you won't like this pizza! They also offer delivery, which is a huge plus. Salads are really good but wish they were larger. We'll be stopping by soon to order the seafood, which sounds fabulous!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We were a large group (9). Everything came out together, hot, and quick. The portions were large and no one left hungry!! You can't beat the price and staff was incredibly friendly.