“Has seriously deteriorated since my last stay”

Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Methuen
Bend, Oregon
“Has seriously deteriorated since my last stay”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here a couple of times over the past few years. The last time was 2 years ago. For that stay the place was a good value and an excellent location for our activities. Location excellence is the same, naturally, but everything else is far below our previous stays.
Wireless connection was poor to non-existent. I could only connect at 2-3 am. Will not go back there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
DaysMethuenGM, Manager at Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Our hotel does have an excellent location in relation to Boston and southern New Hampshire and it's great that you've found us so perfect for your needs in the past. We do apologize for the concerns you had on your last stay. We've been working with the provider of our complimentary wireless to ensure the quality and stability of our guest's internet connections and have been assured that everything is currently in working order. We thank you very much for comments and bringing your concerns to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
SOUTH BURLINGTON
Reviewed 18 February 2012

After reading some questionable online reviews of this property I was a little gun shy of booking a room but I did as the online price was very enticing. My online booking was like 10 days ahead of my stay and went off without a hitch. When I did arrive I was warmly greeted, check in went along just fine and I was given a room on the second floor. The room was basicly fine. The commode could have been a little cleaner as it looked like the previous guest spilled some red wine but other than that the room was fine. The A/C, wifi and TV all worked. I went over to check out the New England Seafood Restaurant that was attached to the hotel via a common hallway. It was a nice little restaurant. When I entered the lounge area the manager asked me where I would care to sit and the evenings specials. There was even a stand up comedian doing his routine later in the evening. The people that were there appeared to be regulars and the overall atmosphere was very congenial. On my departing morning I did go to the hospitality room for the free breakfast. It was as advertsied. There were eggs, breakfast potatoes and sausage. Additionally there was a very acceptable offering of cold items. The breakfasty buffet area was attended to by a hotel employee who kept everything restocked and clean. Other reviews of this property gave the impression of this property being a wild and dangerous place. This was not so to my observations. Overall I would rate this property a 9.

Room Tip: Always be polite when requesting your room prefernce
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Good place. Right off I 93 just down from Rockingham Park Mall in NH which is about ten miles. Has a restaurant attached to it as well. Rooms very nice and was upgraded to larger room without asking. Internet worked well and breakfast includes eggs, sausage, homefries, fruit, bagels, etc. Desk personnel were very cordial and friendly.

Room Tip: rooms on 3rd and 4th floor are larger and much nicer.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
oxnard, california
Reviewed 5 November 2011

It started when we arrived, I needed the bathroom so I left my niece with the check in and ran for the bathroom, because most bathrooms were around the front desk not here so I came back to get directions. When I left the desk clerk said under her breath I "should have asked"

When we got to the room we notice that the tthermostat was hanging on with tape. We fixed it and told the night clerk about it and went to dinner. When we went to the room I noticed that I could not find my cell phone I went to check the car and still could not find it. When I came in I already knew there was no phone book in the room so I ask the night clerk again for the number for outback. She told me they are closed, I told her whether they were closed or not does she have the number. Going back to the room I did find my cell phone.

Friday moring came and we found that the coffee maker did not work and yes I tried everything evening moving to a different plug. Went down to the front desk to get another coffee maker and told her everything I did to make coffee. She told me that she would send one right up. 3 hours later still no coffeemake. We left to go to boston and get some coffee. We were at the hotel till tuesday nov 1 never did get a coffee maker. People make up your own minds as for me and my family we will not go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shar50
Hello and thank you for your comments. You have our sincerest apologies for the issues you had during your stay. Since that time our facility has come under new management and we've placed a lot of our focus on guest service and satisfaction. Our goal is to give every guest an enjoyable experience and we understand that was not the case during your stay. We hope that you will take our efforts to improve in to account and consider us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Methuen hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 October 2011

One of the nicer Days Inn we've stayed at. The lobby smelled like smoke (as all seemed to) but the room was fine. We were given one room with noisy pipes in the ceiling, and when we complained they moved us up to the 6th floor which was fine. Some faint roadway noise, easily masked by the A/C fan. All was clean and comfortable, and waffles for breakfast. Very courteous staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Methuen
4.8 km away
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
5.9 km away
Holiday Inn Salem (I-93 at exit 2)
4.6 km away
Sonesta ES Suites Andover

Been to Days Hotel & Conference Center - Methuen MA? Share your experiences!