“A Treasure!”
Review of Skip's Snack Bar

Skip's Snack Bar
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Merrimac
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I'm relocating to the area, and slowly exploring some of the local cuisine, As you might know, I'm all about the food, and fortunately my three young adult sons are always happy to go along.

A good friend grew up nearby, and recommended Skip's. So happy that she did. The menu is pretty much what you'd expect from a snack bar - hot dogs, burgers, chicken wings, lobster rolls, etc. But, pretty much everyone orders had burgers and fries. The burgers are perfect - nothing fancy, regular toppings, just the right amount of grease to make them extra yummy. A double was the right size for me, especially with the fries. And the fries? Crispy, thin perfection.

Next time we will try some of their frappes - it was a cold & rainy Memorial Day weekend, and couldn't quite muster up the desire for ice cream.

DEFINITELY worth a visit. I'll be back for sure!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 23 April 2018

My husband and I love to come here as soon as it opens! This year we made it on opening day! The line was out to the parking lot when we arrived but it was a nice day and we were determined to get our burgers and curly fries on that day! The total experience to get our food was about 1.5 hrs. We were afraid that we would be eating our meal in our car due to all the people we figured there would be no seating but once we reached the ordering window we were pleasantly surprised that there was plenty of seating! Our burgers were spot on per usual, our coffee extra-thick frappes were awesome and the curly fries were done just right! Another success! Skip's is celebrating 71 years and they have modernized themselves by now accepting payment with a card and not just cash!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018

Our last visit was in the Fall of 2017. We typically stop by during the summer months due to their car shows. Every other Saturday afternoon to about 7:00 PM they hold a good sized classic and antique car show. The food at the snack bar is average to good. No complaints if you are not expecting awesome. Curly fries have been good otherwise we do not eat that much more there. But if you enjoy a fun car show with oldies music and some decent fast food you will enjoy stopping at Skip's.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing, have. Have been going here since I was a little kid as we could walk there. They have added much more to their menu since then. Try them you’ll like them!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank barbara_sielicki
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Just information letting everybody that don't know Skips is closed for the just another place I can't wait until it's open. I will keep you posted on when they open. That's is for sure!!!

Date of visit: November 2017