“Sit at the bar”

Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Mashpee
Price range: USD 0 - USD 12
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This Cooke's, as opposed to the Hyannis one, has a bar at it. It is perfect to get your wonderful fried seafood and a beverage of your choice, served to you as opposed to the Hyannis site. Seafood is awesome and the staff is wonderful too. You can't go wrong at the Mashpee Cooke's. I have no idea why people go to the 99 that is next store when this gem is on the same driveway. Oh well... come to Cooke's for the seafood, sit at the bar for the service... go home satisfied and happy.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I go here a few times a year, food is always very good and staff is friendly. Big and spacious dining room is always clean. Prices are good as well.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

This place never changes. Had fried clams and they loaded up the plate. My wife has broiled cod and was given a generous helping plus 2 sides. Last time we ate at a Cookes at the Cape was probably about 7 years ago and the food was the same. I would go back.

1  Thank luv2dive51
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Have eaten at this place many times and the fish is fresh and real tasty. Perfectly golden fried. The service especially to order needs improvement. With the line out the door there was only one individual handling the register and taking orders. Pretty pathetic.

Note for folks that haven't eaten here. You need to place your order upon walking in and pay for the order at the register. Then you find yourself a table and they bring it out.

Took longer to order my food than to have it brought to my table.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We arrived in town later than expected due to interstate traffic. Cooke's was open and busy. After a brief wait, we ordered at the counter than were seated at a table. Food was cooked to order so we waited. Free tap water available at spigot near bar. Wish we had know everything came with onion rings, we would have saved the $6. Pleased two of the children shared a platter, as portions were generous.

The point of this restaurant is breaded and fried seafood. My broiled fish was lackluster and bland (my default as I need to eat gluten/yeast free). The rest of the table was thrilled though and hence the 4*.