Harbor Light Inn
All reviewsnew englandsmall barmy husband and icasseroledining roomfrench toasthot dishold townposter bedworking fireplacesail loftshops and restaurantswalking distance to everythingthe entire staffplenty of parkingnorth shorefort sewall
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The Harbor Light Inn has been a respite over the years when my family and I come to visit my home town of Marblehead. It is lovely, quaint and historical, while at the same time offering modern conveniences of a lovely buffet breakfast, a tavern on site, sweet treats set out at all times of day, and sitting rooms open 24 hrs. on the main floor (both with fire places). As an early riser, I love the location, walkable to State Street wharf (past my great aunt's old house) and close to the spots the locals go for an early morning cup of coffee. On my last visit, I had left my reading glasses at home (a dire situation for any insomniac!) It was late at night and I was about to drive around town hoping to find an open pharmacy where I could purchase new pair. "No need to do that", Susan, the managing hostess assured me.. as she reached into her purse and handed over her own pair of reading glasses to get me through the night.. in my magnification to boot! Thank you, Susan! We love the Harbor Light!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Virginia B
HarborLightInn, Manager at Harbor Light Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Virginia B.,

Thank you very much for sharing your most recent experience at the Harbor Light Inn with prospective travelers to your hometown of Marblehead.

We greatly enjoyed reading and appreciate your neighborhood suggestions located within walking distance of the Inn.

It is a true delight to host you and yours upon your return visits to the area. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

The staff at the Harbor Light Inn

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Delightfully charming rooms, friendly and attentive staff, delicious breakfast, on site parking. Fully relaxing from A to Z.

1  Thank RaisaP
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Harbor Light Inn last weekend. It was a spur of the moment weekend getaway and we were thrilled with our choice. We loved the Harbor Light. Susan was a wonderful hostess. Helpful, hospitable and all around fun to be with. Sean was a great bar tender and we really enjoyed the atmosphere in the Tavern and the great drinks. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank gderaleau

Many thanks for selecting the Harbor Light Inn & Tavern as your spur of the moment getaway.

It is wonderful to hear about the good times you spent here amongst our hospitable and service-minded staff. We look forward to hosting you and yours again in 2012!

Kindly,

The staff at the Harbor Light Inn

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I are visiting friends in Marblehead for a couple weeks, and we need to stay somewhere for a couple days, so we chose this place.

So glad we did! This is not your typical B&B Inn, but more of a Hotel with a full real breakfast, and classy amenities all around. Plus that Tavern is so very nice and warm.

We have stayed at a ton of Inns and Hotels all over the country and would say that this place is the best one we've ever been in.

Room Tip: Love the fire placed rooms.
2  Thank Tim L
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Situated amidst the numerous buildings and homes in Marblehead's historic district is a hidden jewel, the Harbor Light Inn. From the moment I spoke with the manager, Susan, on the phone, I knew I was going to enjoy the overnight stay. My husband and I were in desperate need for a weekend retreat. The moment we opened the front door we felt at peace, leaving the stress of the past few months behind. Susan gave us a warm greeting and orientation and directed us to the honeymoon suite. The spacious bedroom was beautifully decorated and had a bathroom with a large jacuzzi for two with an adjacent shower stall. There were double sinks, Gilchrist and Soames soaps, shampoo etc. and cozy robes for each of us. We borrowed a movie from the DVD library and lit the fire in our room enjoying a movie after dinner at a local restaurant. We spent time socializing in the lounge and living room making new friends with other guests. Breakfast the next morning was Creme Brulee French Toast and salmon along with other selections ... a wonderful way to start our day. We were invited to leave our car parked in their lot so we could explore more of the area on foot before returning home later in the day. My husband said he'd go back any time, but insisted it be for two nights the next time so we could really settle in! Be sure to ask if you need anything. We could not figure out how to get the DVD player to work, so at 10 pm we called and within minutes we had someone in our room cheerfully helping us out. It is clear that the goal of the staff is to make every guest be as comfortable as possible. You will leave feeling pampered. Thanks Susan!

Room Tip: We stayed in the honeymoon suite. It is one of the most spacious rooms and a perfect romantic setting for a couple. Worth every cent.
1  Thank Linda Y