All reviews mansfield room private bathroom marblehead area gene isaac library books host muffins history town home amenities
Reviewed 14 November 2017

My friend and I stayed at Brimblecomb at the beginning of October. The room was beautiful and had a shared bathroom w/another tenant. I thought that might have been an issue, but we did not have one the whole weekend. The grounds are well kept, the B&B is clean and I love of all the antique touches. The town of Marblehead is a dream.
The Brimblecomb is in the heart of town and an easy walk to many restaurants, cafe's, the grocery store, etc. I would love to come back next year. Gene and his wife are wonderful people and truely care about their guests and make you feel right at home. <3

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brittany K
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I truly enjoyed my time at Brimblecomb. However, after seeing the 2 shared bathroom rooms, I am very glad I splurged for the private bath in the "library" - much roomier. The floors are indeed squeaky, and the walls seem to be a bit thin...parking is also a little iffy before you check in and it is explained to you, but again, worth it and cute. The breakfast as supplied are small boxes of cereal, toast and oj, but Glen was lovely and I would certainly go back the next time I am in Marblehead.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at Brimblecomb. Gene was a great host and greeted us warmly every time we saw him. The muffins offered at breakfast each morning were so delicious! Our room was the one with the private bathroom, the Isaac Mansfield room. It was clean and so quaint. We loved the selection of books in his library, available right there in the room. All of the amenities we needed were already there for us. Gene was helpful with advice for places to visit in and around the area. We absolutely recommend this Inn to anyone seeking a quiet, relaxing, and historical visit to the Marblehead area. The neighborhood is easy to navigate and so fun to wander through. Short walk to the pier as well. Gene, thank you again, and we will be back on our next visit up north!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This is a nice historic home in a quaint historic neighborhood. Along with all this history comes squeaky floors, small bathrooms, and a place that could use a good cleaning. I think the high ratings come mostly from Gene and his hospitality which he does well.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 5 December 2016

This place is a little gem with lots of history and old world charm. Which perfectly describes the owner Gene as well. He was friendly and accommodating. The place is clean and beautiful.

There are three rooms for rent, all on the bottom floor. The front room has a bathroom off the room and the room has direct access to the common and breakfast area.

The two rooms in the back of the home have their own outside entrances and share a bathroom. Access to the common and breakfast area is from the back outside door.

I rented both rooms in the rear for my family while we were visiting Salem. The rooms are adjoined by a hallway and separate doors to each room.

The rooms were cozy and clean. Gene checked in on us every day and we ran into him a few time walking around Marblehead.

The price was very reasonable and location was perfect. There is so much history just a stones throw in every direction.

Room Tip: If you don't want to share a bathroom with someone, choose the front room or rent out both rear rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family