“Great Find!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband and I were driving through Lunenburg, Ma. and decided to stop at Ixtapa Cantina for lunch. We were very pleasantly surprised. The place is very casual and fun. Would be nice to bring the family.

They brought out homemade chips and salsa and had a very nice selection of beers on tap - good start! We then ordered two of their combo plates that came with refried beans, yellow rice, sour cream, tomato - my husband had the grilled steak quesadilla that was made with white tortillas and sautéed beef which was around $9; I had the had a chili relleno,enchilada and burrito which was $10.25.

Fair prices, good beer, good service.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Went to lunch here with my sister--we both come from different areas of the state to meet in the middle for lunch every few weeks. Decided to try this restaurant upon seeing it previously, traveling to Fitchburg for a lunch . Glad we did--nice, brightly decorated, clean restaurant with a friendly staff. We had fish tacos and burritos, after the best chips and salsa. The food was great. Can't wait to return before the snow flies!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This Mexican restaurant is one to visit for. If you love fresh guacamole, you would like this place as they will make fresh one for you right on your table. The process is entertaining too! The Quesadillas and the Frito Pescado are among my authentic Mexican dishes I order in this restaurant; although my spouse order other food which I tasted as well and they all taste great! The place is big, and lots of tables to accommodate diners. There is a wall that separates the bar from the dining area which is nice as the bar can get loud depending on what is being shown in TV. Great place for family. The price is reasonable.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had been wanting to try this restaurant for a while now and finally did last Sunday, after church, for a lunch date. Our kids were sleeping over at a cousin's house so we took advantage of the alone time. We were not disappointed. They were very accommodating to my husband's beef allergy. The food came out quickly, nice and hot, and was very good. The salsa is delicious that comes with the chips and salsa that you are given, quite literally, upon sitting at your table. I ordered the Chicken Fajita Quesadilla, and my husband ordered the chicken burritos. I saw a reviewer comment that they had asked for a side of sour cream and were charged over $2 for a small amount. My husband asked for a side of sour cream, which was more than enough for the two large burritos on his plate, and we were not charged extra for it. The guacamole is amazing.
The atmosphere is colorful, and family friendly.
Our server was very polite, helpful, and filled every request we made quickly. When we told him about my husband's food allergy he brought the manager over right away to make him aware of it, and informed us of anything that would contain beef or beef stock. We will absolutely be visiting this restaurant again, next time with our children. The price is comparable to that of Pub 99, Applebees, places like that, but much better food quality.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I live about 10 minutes away from this place and come here maybe once a month. I have literally never had a bad meal at this place. The Groton location is nowhere near as good at this place for some reason, maybe because this one is the original? Anyhow, I have tried the burritos, enchiladas, tacos, chicken flautas, chili verde, pork carnitas... I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here, and I can't say that about many restaurants. (For example, I just had a terrible meal at Gibbet Hill in Groton that is a lot trendier and more expensive than this place). It isnt fancy, but the food has always been hot and tastes good. The Guacamole is out of this world. Drinks are ok, but I'm not a huge fan of margaritas anyhow. Tortilla chips and house made salsa show up at your table within seconds of you sitting down, great when your hangry and need to get something in your belly fast. Service has always been pretty good, again you're not at a fancy restaurant, but its great for what this place is. Overall, I would recommend this place to anybody in the area. You really can't go wrong.