“Frequent Flyer”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2017

Wow, I've gotten food from Ixtapa many, many times. Firstly their complimentary tortilla chips and salsa are surprisingly DELICIOUS. They should sell their chips + salsa in a grocery store setting -- it's really that good. And a total surprise.
There's nothing particularly bad here and I've tried basically everything on the menu -- also off the menu. Typically I order the Combo Ixtapa -- I just tell them an Enchilada, a Chimichanga, and a Burrito. For filling: Chicken, Beef, and Cheese -- I just let the chefs choose the fillings. Again, there's nothing particularly bad here so there's really no way to go wrong.

The Mexican Caesar Salad is interesting for a healthy salad. On the flip side, the burgers + fries are also good if you want to order non - Mexican food. The manager / owner is very friendly and I went through a phase of ordering off - menu items at Ixtapa -- notably what the kitchen staff orders from the restaurant for themselves for their own meals. I do prefer the items on - menu items, retrospectively. But it's an option if you can get in touch with the manager.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I like this place a lot. Great food and drinks. NIce atmosphere. Friendly and professional staff. Awesome drinks. I especially like the chimachangas! I would recommend this place to anyone that likes Mexican cuisine.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 4 January 2017

The food here is always hot and fresh. They another location in Lunenburg Ma. and both are very nice. We were there on Dec. 27th at 3:30 . The reason I mention this is that our server was very nice but I can't remember her name.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

This restaurant has 3 locations in Western Massachusetts. I am a west coast transplant & found myself with a hankering for some authentic tasting Mexican food like I enjoyed back home. Ixtapa is the local ticket. Good margaritas, full bar & great food served piping hot! Many of the Mexican restaurants on the east coast capture the whole Tex-Mex flavor but this place captures the tastes I'd grown to expect in California. I've had many different items & some favorites are the chile rellenos, enchiladas & chimichangas to highlight a few. The prices are reasonable & I've never left disappointed.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Grew up right aroound corner from this restaurant, I remember when this place was a motel call Caswell Motel/

Date of visit: August 2016