“We both ordered the swordfish”

Tony & Penny's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 53 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: American, Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2016

What a nice plate! A plentiful piece of Swordfish, which we asked to not be "overcooked" was a choice of grilled or cajun! We ordered one of each.. a bountiful serving of pan fried vege's came with the dish. We could not finish the Swordfish, which was a bit tough, (frozen& thawed) so maybe we should not have mentioned "overcooking"!
Tony & Penny's has emerged for the better, in our minds. My sweetie was reluctant to go back, but my friends kept telling me the food is fine.... Well, it is. Our waitress (Elaine) was helpful and knowledgeable, and I know I will be back...I would love to try their Octopus!! So would my sweetie!
Prices are reasonable! Hard to find that around here!

1  Thank ciaotebaldi

Reviewed 26 April 2016

We have gone for lunch/dinner many times. Most often we end up there for a gathering after a funeral or wedding. The banquet service is as good as their regular dinning room. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 March 2016

I have only had American food - fish, chicken, beef. I found it to be pretty good. Big servings, cooked properly. Not for a fancy night out but a good place if you are hungry and don't want to be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 February 2016

Had lunch there today. Started with rissois de camarao (fried Portuguese shrimp dumplings). Piping hot and tasty. Caldo verde (Kale) soup was good. The Portuguese rolls are perfect. The grilled Polvo (octopus) came with grilled peppers and small red potatoes, raw onions, olive oil and was delicious. And very inexpensive with large portions.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

I agree with all the positive comments made about Tony & Penny's. If you are looking for fancy decor than you might be disappointed but if you can look past that then you'll be very pleased.
We have had family and friends gather after a family funeral and couldn't be happier with the delicious and generous buffet that was served. We have had them cater a brunch that we had at our home after our daughter's wedding last summer. It was delicious and portions were generous. The food was delicious. Set up was done beautifully in our dining room and was cleared when we were finished.
Eating in their dining room gives you a cozy feeling. It is small but that's fine. It's the food that keeps you coming back.
The seafood is particularly good. We enjoy their Portuguese wine. We've always had good service and never feel rushed nor have to wait too long for our meals.
Enjoy!

Been to Tony & Penny's Restaurant? Share your experiences!