“Great vegetarian surprise!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Being vegetarians, we have had a difficult time finding well crafted, creative food places near our small organic farm in Central Massachusetts without spending a lot!

So this was a very welcome lunch experience. The simple concept of Mexican food was well presented, contained an abundance of vegetables, and instead of bringing the food home (our usual bit), we actually finished everything although we definitely over ordered!

Salads, guacamole (we did the small house), burrito were ample, tasty and full of flavor. The hot sauces are served separately and my favorite was the habanero.

The different types of guacamole mean we'll be back to try more.

Notable: the chips were fresh, without a hint of being stale or soggy. These two characteristics are enough to raise this 4 star place to 5, given the typical Mexican place around here.

We didn't try the drinks. Another reason to come back.

Service was perfect, allowing for a nice lunch conversation without a long wait for the check.

1  Thank BlaineDB

Reviewed 12 January 2017

We visited Leominster in January during snow storm. Our hotel recommended Mezcal and 10 of us went there for tasty food. Mezcal was about 3miles away and driving even in the snow was not that bad. 8 different guacamole (i build my own flight of 3 guacamole), excellent house specials, I had Salmon a la Plancha, yummy chorizo risotto, crispy Brussel sprout and perfectly cooked salmon. Awesome variety of tequilla. Go and enjoy. D

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I love the location and the atmosphere at Mezcal in Leominster. It's always an enjoyable place to dine.

My favorite thing to do is order drinks and sample some of their amazing freshly made guacamole! For drinks, apps and meeting up with friends, I would have given this five stars!

On this visit, however, the service was disappointing, as were my tacos of the day. Not the best day here but I will visit again.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food but mezcal was really good. I have been a few times before and wasn't impressed and today was much better. Started with a flight of guacamole of tropical, Mediterranean, and crunchy. All very vibrant and flavorful, chips were good. My taco salad with carnitas was very good with a lot of mesh and perfect size. We also had the pork quesadilla which was very tasty and full of meat. Could have used straight up salsa instead of the sauce whisk made it mushy towards the end. Margaritas were very good as well. Sat at the bar which was empty, so hope business lunch picks up

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We went to the Worcester Mezcal on a Sat night at 5:40 and was told it would be a 3 hour wait for a table of 4, so we decided to call Mezcal in Leominster. Luckily they had openings so we drove up and were seated right away. I was surprised that we got a table so quickly but they do have a lot of tables. They also have a back patio area, it was a bit cool when we were there so it was not being used, but I would like to go back and hang out there when it is warmer. They make all the guacamole fresh and they do variations. We did a guacamole flight, 3 different guacs, we had traditional, hamburger and buffalo chicken. All were delicious but the traditional and buffalo chicken were my favorites. All our meals came out as ordered and we had some special requests due to diet and allergies. Food was all fresh and vibrant. I really enjoyed my meal but I could make a meal out of the guacamole. Great place for drinks and sharing food with friends.