All reviews sloane's tavern quiet room play golf capitol steps indoor pool beautiful resort steam room driving range different buildings carriage house the cottages fitness center the main dining room no elevator girls weekend music room fine dining
Reviewed 27 September 2016

My wife and I traveled to Cranwell this past weekend for a birthday celebration. We had a beautiful room in the Mansion (#206) which was very comfortable with a very large sitting room and an oversize master bedroom. I played golf on Saturday morning and although the course is on the shorter side even from the back tees it was a fun round. The greens are small but were in excellent condition. My wife took advantage of the Spa facility, taking two separate classes and a massage later in the afternoon. She commented that the teachers were excellent and that it was one of the best massages that she had ever had. We also enjoyed a wonderful Sunday morning brunch in the mansion. Whether you want to play golf, enjoy the spa and fitness facilities or just relax in the beauty of the grounds, Cranwell provides it all. Wonderful staff, extremely helpful and courteous. They all want to go the extra mile to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: Room 206 in the mansion is very large with a separate living room/sitting area.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Deanna M, Director of Sales at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you so much for choosing to spend your special birthday celebration at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort! I am happy you were able to enjoy many of the amenities at the Resort. Regarding the yardage on our golf course, you will be happy to learn we are lengthening the course. Here is a quote from Tony, our Golf Course Superintendent: "We are currently building tees on holes 11 , 13, and 18. For 2017, we will have a golf course that went from a par 69 to at least a par 71, and possibly a par 72. This will add close to 300 yards to the golf course." Please come back and give it a try! I am sure your wife would be happy to visit the Spa again as well!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely large room in the carriage house and enjoyed walking around the large golf resort. Looks like a wonderful place for golfers which we were not. The mansion is beautiful inside and one of the places where you can dine. Beware of the misnamed lamb pops in the bar; delicious but it's one very small lamb chop that's maybe two bites but very good. The mushroom gnocchi was delicious. I hope to visit again and loved the little village of Lenox.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Deanna M, Director of Sales at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

Thank you, Patricia, for your lovely review of Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort. Even though we have a historic 18 hole golf course on the property, there are many other things to do if you are not a golfer. Hopefully you had the chance to experience the 35,000 square foot spa; using the indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and steam room, or perhaps you took a class or two, and indulged in a massage or facial. Touring the resort on our free rental bikes is a favorite among our guests! Next to the bike rental is Sloane's Restaurant & Bar, perfect for a more casual dining experience. (By the way, I have passed your comments about the Lamb Pops to our chef. We appreciate your feedback.) We do hope you visit again soon!

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I heard about KAY McMahon from a colleague that suggested her for lessons and that she is an excellent teacher of golf and stationed out at Cranwell. It wasn't too far so I thought that I would look into it for a birthday gift for my avid golfer boyfriend. He got me revisiting my interest in golf a couple years ago so I planned a couples golf stay at Cranwell. Kay is a pro (LPGA) and in the LPGA Hall of Fame. She made the room reservations and the golf lesson itinerary. I was pleasantly surprised that Cranwell upgraded our room for free and left a bottle of champagne and truffles in our room. Our room was amazing; the service exceptional and our instruction with KAY unbelievable. We had such a ball and loved our stay at Cranwell. The spa was available to us and we took advantage of it after 4 hours of lessons with Kay. Our dinner at night in the mansion was a bit more than we thought but again-the service was awesome. I hope to go back eventually and revisit a lesson, or two, with Kay. EduKAYtion Golf is the way to go for lessons, critique, and tweeks of your game. The beauty of Cranwell just adds to it all.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of your recent time at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort. We are fortunate to have a couple PGA pros on staff - Kay being one! It is always great to hear from guests who were able to enjoy the many amenities the resort has to offer, such as the spa, the on-site restaurants and of course, the natural beauty of the grounds and surroundings! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 18 September 2016

The Cranwell is a basic inn, catering to empty nesters looking for a golf getaway. The rooms in the Beatrix Cottage were very plain and in desperate need of upgrade. We stayed during the Fourth of July, which meant higher prices, which didn't justify the room quality (dirty carpet, 70's style bathroom, peeling wall paper).

The breakfast buffet is very nice, and appropriately priced. They offer an omelette station, fresh fruit salad, lox, bagels, eggs, bacon, etc., all provided in an elegant dining area. Dinner was formal yet offered enough variety.

The spa was basic but comfortable. We had multiple deep tissue massages, and the masseuses were very good. The lounge area was comfortable, and I fell asleep in my robe after the massage. The indoor pool wasn't enticing, so we skipped that.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house for better rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Deanna M, Director of Sales at Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Thank you for your review of your stay in July. It is always nice to know our hotel guests were able to enjoy the many amenities on the property, especially the spa, named one of the Top 12 Spas in New England by Boston Magazine. The quiet lounge area is so relaxing, napping is almost inevitable! Although you didn't use our 30' x 60' heated indoor pool located in the spa in a glass-enclosed atrium, perhaps the heated 30' x 60' outdoor pool was appealing! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Have stayed here several times, and every room I had felt luxurious. Large and nicely designed to feel restful. The health club is large, with a sauna, steam room and an abundance of towels. The cardio machines are good, the free weights and strength machines adequate. And, again, it's a large space so no cramped feeling.

Stayed: December 2015

Thank you, Deborah, for your kind review of Cranwell Spa & Golf Resort. I am so glad that as a hotel guest you had the time to enjoy the sauna & steam rooms in the spa and the large fitness center with its gorgeous views of the Berkshire mountains. We look forward to welcoming you back many more times!