“Best ribs and eggrolls in the Berkshires”

Luau Hale Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 64 Restaurants in Lenox
Price range: USD 0 - USD 12
Cuisines: Chinese, Polynesian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Luau Hale Restaurant in Lenox, MA has been serving Asian Polynesian food longer than any other establishment in the Berkshires. We are not only convenient for business lunches, but also a short drive from some of the most popular attractions in the Berkshires. Tanglewood, Arrowhead, Shakespeare and Co., and the Mount are all within a few miles.
Reviewed 19 August 2016

Growing up in NYC, my family enjoyed weekly outings for "Chinese".
Been a Berkshire resident since 1969
I've been a frequent customer since the early '70s and have enjoyed consistently great food (reminiscent of NYC Chinese food) and service.
This is the place visiting friends and relatives choose to revisit.
It's almost like home
(I was in the restaurant business as chef and/or owner for over 30 years)

1  Thank Alan W

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

The Pu Pu Platter is a must when dining here, along with the pork fried rice. Scorpion bowl is a strong possibility too?

This restaurant is a part of the Berkshires. The building doesn't look like a restaurant n'or has Windows. The inside could use some renovations and attention, but the food remains outstanding.

Best Pu Pu Platter in the Berkshires!

1  Thank Scrumple-pie
Reviewed 30 April 2016

We stopped in for lunch today because we were in the area shopping and had not eaten here for a long time. The Luau Hale has been here for over forty years and little has changed. Peaceful interior with Polynesian murals and very good food. It is a favorite of several generations of locals and tourists alike. The bar serves a wide selection of exotic cocktails and American standards. My Chinese-American cousin from California prefers the LH when visiting the Berkshires. The lunch menu has about 25 choices and the dinner menu is even more extensive. A great place for birthdays and family gatherings.

1  Thank M_Freedley
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

First off the service was good. We ordered the pu pu platter for 2. There was enough there for 4. Everything was good except for the egg roll which was very dry and grassy in texture. The duck sauce was way too thin to enhance the appetizers. We ordered the ginger chicken, nicely done. My favorite dish is their special fried rice. I prefer the way they prepare it. The rice is moist and flavorful, not drowned in salty soy sauce like other restaurants do.

1  Thank Janice D
Reviewed 22 February 2016

My husband went here as a child and wanted to bring me. After a Sunday ride to Lenox, we decided to try it. The parking lot needs paving and the outside of the building isn't very inviting... No windows. The waitress was very helpful and nice. The food was OK. My husband's beef had allot of grizzle which he left on the plate. We each had a dinner but only 1 dish of rice came out. That was fine, we split it, but weird we didn't each get a small bowl. The eating area was very dim and you couldn't really see the murals on the wall. Next to us, the roof was leaking and dripping into a bucket. The right sink in women's room doesn't have hot water. I was told it was turned off because it too leaks. There's a spot on the way out in the foyer that's spongy also. It's too bad because the food was pretty good but I'm afraid without some updates, this place will fall down around itself.