“Absolutely filthy but good food”

Haven Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Lenox
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Upon opening the front doors for breakfast, there was multiple pieces of garbage in the entry way, the floors were filthy from salt debris obviously from the day or days before. I get that it is winter, but why would they not take a broom to the entry way or at least attempt to mop up the floors. As the first patron of the day, I could see everything and there was water over an inch deep in some sections of the floor but obviously no leak or plumbing issue. The food was actually pretty good but for those kind of prices the care of the restaurant should have been attempted and there should have been some sort of table service rather than the fast food method of waiting in line. Staff members were reasonably friendly.

1  Thank theWorldwide-Diner

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

You will not find a better place anywhere for breakfast than Haven. All the basics and many innovative dishes-I had the Haven breakfast-one egg, two pancakes (or polenta) two links of sausage (or bacon). Good selection of coffee and alcoholic beverages. It was perfect. And all the locals will tell you this is the place to go for breakfast.

1  Thank jcraneny
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Whenever I visit the area this one stop I always make. Usually I stop for breakfast however my schedule allowed for lunch today. It was simply delicious and the service was friendly and quick ! As always, I will continue to stop in when I am in the area.
PS The lattes are outstanding !

1  Thank Jen B
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We went there during a nice summertime day. Sandwiches were delicious. And the carrot cake was sublime. We were waited on very quickly even though the place was crowded.

1  Thank Chablis140701304
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Ate lunch there here on the way home from skiing in the Berkshires. The food and service were outstanding. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I had a cheese quesadilla and roasted tomato soup. Both were amazing.