“Awesome Burrito!”
Review of Baja Charlie's

Baja Charlie's
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Lee
Reviewed 19 December 2015

This is a California style Mexican restaurant. The food is fresh and light, prepared so you don't walk away feeling like there's a brick sitting in your stomach.

Start with a fresh margarita and chips and salsa, terrific salsa. A side of guacamole is an added bonus. For the main course, the naked chicken burrito is my favorite. But the fish tacos are quite good too.

Though the restaurant is small, and service moody, the food is great, particularly for the price. These are cheap eats with decent portion sizes. Get your ambiance and five star service at any number of other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

I agree totally with the Ba Ja Humbug reviewer. It's good to know that it wasn't only because I was alone that I was treated almost rudely. No hospitality at all from the man who almost ignored me at the door since I was by myself (after a while he asked if I was waiting for someone). The food was ok and the chips and salsa were very good. When I asked this person if the salsa was homemade, his gracious response was, "Yes." Not a bit of pleasantry in him and God forbid that he would crack a smile or ask a question to be courteous.

1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 17 November 2015

We often drive through and depending on the hour we will stop in to Baja Charlie's for a quick bit. They have sandwiches, pizza, salads, soup, etc. with a pub area and dining room. They are good with gluten free substitutions and they even careful with cross contamination. Much of the staff are friendly and helpful. Overall they do what they do, well but I score them average in the comparison to other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

We went on a Saturday night and it was full. We were lucky to get a 2-seater right away and were immediately served chips and salsa. Who seemed to be the owner, was running around, tending to every one but no one was neglected. Our plates were covered with food and we had to take some back to our hotel. I had a great time and really enjoyed my food.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

The restaurant was nice, food OK, nothing real special. It seemed everything about the place was just average. Very small seating area, the table next to us was only 6 inches away, not an intimate setting. Limited menu, many of the items had similar ingredients. No appetizers, deserts or coffee. Meal was on the bland side for good Mexican & small in size, priced mid-range. If you have a big appetite you may leave hungry. Service, friendly however never asked how our meal was. The wife thought it was better than I did, may give it an other try out. Just all round average, not bad not great.

1  Thank Jeff T