All reviews hill overlooking west stockbridge room was clean two double beds flat screen tv c unit road noise budget hotel nice pool plenty of hot water one night stay coffee and tea lenox microwave ownership ma summer
Reviewed 16 July 2018

It's a deteriorating residential grade construction motel, so the hardware is say 1-Star or less. The bathroom ventilator is on the rear wall and switched there, not at the entrance where the light switch is. The bathroom is clean, but the it must be a pain to maintain it as the finishes is as cheap and poorly done as they get. Linens feel clean but we have never used such low thread count. But the mattress is reasonably comfortable. The biggest complaint is the exterior is well lit, so the bugs are everywhere on the wall. Trying to get inside our room without letting in the bugs as well was a big challenge. My 10 year-old said, "There is no way this is a 2-Star hotel." So, no we are never coming back. And like most American hotels offering complimentary breakfast or wi-fi, forget that. It's just a box they check on the survey so they can get their rating.

We came to stay here not out of choice. Our other booking, for an incredibly low $51+tax via PRICELINE at Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge, didn't work out. Their hot water heater broke and it's Sunday. (Nice of the proprietor to tell me before I check in.) But the system is broken, I am still trying to get my money back. By now, the OH is costing all parties easily over $200! Should just have bit the bullet and paid $179+tax at Holiday Inn Club Resort Oak N Spruce. (See my review for that nice property where we vacationed as a family, while chauffeuring another son home from college graduation.) Rodeway Inn Lee came in at $83+tax, a premium of 60% over my original booking, it's a sad way to traveling when you need to economize on lodging. The low end of hospitality almost always turns out to be of poor value in terms of what you get for your money. But we were lowly chauffeurs for a teenage son on this trip.

So I have an idea for a new type of hospitality property that boasts a variety of rooms for $50, $100, $150 & $200. Why not? You can spend a night at the same place whether you are working as a chauffeur, or on company business, or anniversary getaway.

I was after min. price on July 1st, having just driven 6-hrs to get to Lenox. After an hour of tinkering on PRICELINE, BOOKING, & calling a couple properties, I finally just used CHOICE HOTEL's own website which gave me troubles untold as well. They should either fire their web design team or get their money back from their contractor; it's security for online transaction is more difficult than getting through TSA at DCA or IAD. We just needed a hot shower & a good night's sleep so we can make the 6-hr drive home after dropping our boy off at Tanglewood, yet again. (At least he's paying for the camp, though not the limo service.)

I didn't take any picture, (there is nothing worth capturing) but we do need to encourage the senior citizens to retire from their labor. The Asian proprietor lives on site, where the 2-story house in the middle is. Peeking through the glazing on the door, I can see it's nicely decorated, and their grand daughter is from out of town, so cute and sweet, spending the summer at camps, it's a nice family so I almost hate to suggest this. This is not professionally managed or maintained but a grandma and grandpa operation with a hired help for this or that. It's one way to make a living while providing a service, but the hospitality industry has moved on. There are bed & breakfast establishments, then there are hotels, then there are resorts, and nowadays, AirBnB. The motels? They are dinosaurs that should become extinct as soon as possible.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Just returned from my one night stay at the Rodeway Inn in Lee MA. Very clean and updated hotel in the heart of the Berkshires. Rooms contain very comfortable beds, micro/fridge, excellent working wifi, flat screen tv and clean bathroom with plenty of hot water for showering. The property is close to all Berkshire attractions, shopping and excellent restaurants. The continental breakfast offers both hot and cold options. In this area of very highly priced accommodations during the summer season this hotel is pretty much a bargain. The ownership here really care about their guest's. I made an error during the online booking process and booked two rooms instead of one. This occurred after the no penalty cancellation period expired and Mike the property owner was truly understanding and took the other room off the reservation, he is a true gentleman. As a side note, the outdoor pool is Crystal clear and very inviting. Rodeway Inn , A True Gem In the Berkshires.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Best kept secret in the Berkshires: Rodehouse Inn! Lee MA 7/4/18 - we were exhausted from James Taylor at Tanglewood, but when we finally arrived, our room was waiting: AC on, room 5 star immaculate, simple, quiet, luxury beds and bedding. This is not a cheesy chain hotel, but a lovely, simple, well-cared-for jewel in the Birkshires. Thank you, Rodehouse Inn, Lee MASS

Room Tip: No bad rooms! basic budget hotel with a family sense of care -
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyetta T
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took a quick trip to Boston to help my daughter move back to Rochester after her summer internship. All hotels were sold out on our route from Boston to finally finding one in Lee. I am a Marriott Gold Elite customer and when my husband told me there was a room at The Roadway Inn in Lee, I was extremely apprehensive. At 2:30am the gentleman was very pleasant, offered a great price for a king room.

Upon entry, immediately I was comforted by the cleanliness look, feel and smell of the room. It was perfect! I am as comfortable here as I am at my usual hotel choice. Thank you to the management for giving us a great place to get rest for the final trip home.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbrentrn
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We were a group of 3 staying in a room with two double beds. Everything went smoothly and the place was definitely cheaper than other area accommodations and filled our desire to have a relatively cheap weekend in a beautiful area. The innkeeper was very friendly and allowed us to check in just after noon which enabled us to offload our bags and get freshened up before going to the Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge. The pluses were that the room was clean and had everything we needed, the price was low and the innkeeper was friendly and accommodating. The minus' were that there was on odd layout of furniture crammed into a small space and the tub/shower enclosure definitely needed to be replaced as the patch jobs in place were on their last legs and didn't look great and the flooring was feeling soggy. Also, the curtain in the window with the A/C unit in it was so long, it covered the airflow vents, so we had to be a bit creative in how to fold the curtain up while maintaining some privacy over the rest of the window at night. You could tell that improvements had been made throughout the facility and there were more needed, but you could also tell the owner/innkeeper was making an honest effort to provide the best he could, so that is why I give this place 4 stars instead of 3.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family