“A Taste of Peru in the Berkshires!”

Alpamayo Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Lee
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Part of my family is from Peru so when we found that Peruvian Restaurant had opened downtown Lee, MA; near our summer home we were ecstatic! We first visited Alpamayo Restaurant soon after its inauguration and have been loyal customers ever since. The place is homey and friendly; it is run by a Peruvian couple; the wife serves as the hostess and the chef is the husband. I do not know whether it is the location or the clientele but I have found that ethnic restaurants in Lee like other small towns have a hard time delivering dishes that would please everyone and at the same time keep their authenticity. The Peruvian dishes here represent however they sometimes struggle to remain true to flavor. Among the dishes we often enjoy here as appetizers are the Ceviche Mixto- adequate but could benefit with more citrusy notes and slightly more spices, (we usually correct at table). Oh! Sometimes the Chullpi corn is missing! Papa a la Huancaina dish is one of the best I have tried however it does not beat my mom's! Cooked pieces of potatoes covered in a creamy yellow pepper sauce accompanied by black olives and boiled eggs pieces, superb! Choclo con queso and Salchipapas are "street food" gone gourmet! My kids especially enjoyed these dishes! As entrees, various plates worth mentioning are the Roast Chicken, has always been a consistent repeat however I warn you it comes served with salad and French fries instead of the customary rice and beans; any "Salteado" is good and also the Chauflas! To drink they also have ethnic soda pops and a great Chicha Morada, (a South American drink made from purple corn). Overall, Alpamayo is a great addition to town bringing a taste of South America to the Berkshires!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Quality food for reasonable prices. Portions are moderate in size. Papas al Huacaina appetizer was a single serving and for a table share. A tad small for the price. Lomo Saltado was excellent with a juice sweeter than I am accustomed, but it was a pleasant deviation. The Tallarin Saltado de Pollo was great as well. I would to see more Peruvian beers or at least South American. Great lunch.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

A small restaurant with warm helpful staff. Fine array of fairly priced dishes, from mild to spicy. Some fish and seafood soups are really main dishes- terrific! Also wonderful Peruvian drinks on menu. Ask for a description! Pitchers of drinks are a real bargain!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

There were a lot choices on the menu. We had a large group of 10 people and all the dishes came out looking great and tasting great. We were here to celebrate reunion with friends and I glad we chose this place. Portions were good and the price was reasonable. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Whenever we go to Lee, Massachusetts, we try to lunch or dine at this wonderful Peruvian restaurant, Alpamayo. There is a great choice of excellent food, including both seafood and red meat, ceviche, rellenas, sopa de pescado, paella, camarones, and Peruvian fruit ice cream. See the gallery on their website for all the visually luscious dishes. You are going to enjoy this one!

1  Thank Bruce061143