“GROSS!”

Royal Garden Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 50 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 March 2016

I am not sure how this place can still be open-after watching one waiter cough openly and repeatedly near the food he was about to serve, we lost our appetite and left. This place is dark, dingy and overall gross.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Hedi W

Reviewed 9 December 2015

The Royal Garden has live music on Saturday nights. We got to the restaurant about an hour before the band was scheduled to play. We ordered food. There was one poor waitress working too many tables. It took a while for the food to come out. The food was just average. Actually, most Chinese restaurants in the area serve average food, so our expectations were not high. The harried waitress did the best she could as the restaurant filled up before the band began to play. The music was very good. We were satisfied with the food and service.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 19 November 2015

Thought I'd take a lunch somewhere near to my work place. And decided on this local restaurant. Pleasantly surprised to find a sunny area in the bar side of the restaurant. I had always come here for dinner and ate where it was rather dark, kind of serious Chinese decor.But the place I ate was warm and inviting. Menu offered the typical dishes. I ordered a rice and vegetable combo with a spring roll. A cool Yaegling. Was happy I chose this lunchtime and this place. Since then have recommended it to several friends. We plan to go back soon. The price was good.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Food is sub par. Hadn't been there in years and now I remember why. Won't go back. It's too bad because there aren't good local Chinese restaurants. We make the trip to PF Changs for a great meal!

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 9 July 2015

The food at Royal Garden is good, the egg rolls are a favorite. However the dinning room is unappetizing. The room is dusty and while I was there it smelled. They offer large portions for a good value, but I would recommend it to go.

Date of visit: July 2015