See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My girlfriend planned a romantic overnight for my birthday. She searched online for places to stay on Cape Cod MA. That could include hot tubs in the rooms. She came upon the International Inn and Suites Hyannis MA. Pictures on their website looked awesome so she booked one night with their St. Patrick's Day special $239.00 a night which included a hot breakfast in their restaurant. She was told on the phone that upon check-in the hot tub would be filled and running with rose pedals sprinkled around it as well as on the bed with bottle of champagne, 2 glasses and chocolate covered strawberries. This all sounded great... Right??? Well let me tell you. We pulled into a parking lot and asked ourselves if we were at the right place? As certain as we were we decided to overlook the depressing grim outside and proceeded to walk into the lobby to check in. The place seemed deserted as we check in. We were told they charge a $100.00 security deposit which would be refunded if no damage was done (this was not stated on their website nor was this mentioned when booking). I never in my life had to place a security deposit in any hotel I stayed in, but we decided to go ahead. They gave her two receipts, one for the $100.00 and the other for the room which came to $275.47. We mentioned the rate was supposed to be $239.00. We were told the $275.47 included taxes and fees. I asked what kind of fees??? They said they charge a booking fee of 10%. (Again not mentioned anywhere, nor have I ever paid a booking fee). We paid for the night and decided to just a have a good time during our stay and make the best of it. We were given our key and a map to get to our room. We drove to the back of the building only to find the door to get into our section was broken, wide open did not close or lock. The wires for the key card on the inside were hanging off the wall. Walking down the hallway was very dirty, smelly and creepy. It reminded me of an old, old hospital. Upon entering our room we were in shock... The place is a DUMP. Could not even see anything out the window it was so dirty. Let me say this again. We could not see ANYTHING out the window... the hot tub was empty, no rose pedals anywhere, no chocolate covered strawberries, champagne or glasses in sight... The hot tub had mold and mildew everywhere. There were water spots on the ceiling and spray paint that was over-sprayed on the ceiling tracks to try and cover up the water stains. The inside of the shower was dirty, moldy and dreadful. The shower door was coming off the hinges. Cigarette burn marks were all over the couch, needless to say none of the furniture in the room matched anything. It looked and smelled uncomfortable and we felt very uncomfortable. All of a sudden we hear a knock on the door. Opening the door we see this creepy dirty man dressed in street clothes with keys hanging from a chain on his belt holding two roses. (We later determined he was the maintenance worker) He asked if we ordered roses? We told him no, he did say he was sorry but they were running behind. Running behind??? I believe we and a few others were the only ones there? How can they say they were running behind? Shutting the door we immediately decided to check out. I called the front desk from the room and told them we just checked in and we are coming back to check out, we are not staying here. Arriving back at the front desk we were greeted by the manager whom asked what the problems were. I told here this place is disgusting, not what is advertised and please don't get me any more upset than I already am and demanded they give her a full 100% refund. She did offer us to stay in what she said was a better room but we refused as we already had a bitter taste from this place. I insisted receipts of the refund which we did get. We literally checked in at 3:10 PM and checked out at 3:20 PM. It does appear on my girlfriend’s bank statement that they are still charging her for the 10% booking fee and the $100.00 security deposit has yet to show up as a refund. Looks like her refund is only $245.69 at this time. She is filling a complaint with her bank today to get the balance of these fees back. (Update… Her account was refunded 100%)…
Please, Please, Please, do yourselves a favor and stay away from this place... They are money hungry crooks... This place should be condemned... Not even worth $50.00 a night... After leaving we goggled hotels near us and found the Hyannis Harbor Inn. We walked into the front lobby, was greeted by a professional behind the desk. We asked if they had any rooms available. The gentleman said yes $109.00 per night. My girlfriend and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. We then we explained our experience. He did offer to show us the room before we paid which we thought was very nice and professional, but after seeing what the lobby looked like we told him that was not necessary. We checked in and had a great time to the balance of our stay. "STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNATIONL INN & SUITES HYANNIS MA."

5  Thank eagle2122018
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Where do I begin?

We went there a couple/few years ago and it was an "okay" stay. The place was outdated, in need of repair and total renovation. We voiced our opinions upon leaving and were apologized to and were told that there were new owners who wanted to improve the place and if we came back in a year or so things would be different.

So when we wanted a get away from the winter blues we figured why not give them another try and see how things are now. WHAT A MISTAKE!

We booked one of the "better" rooms and added the honeymoon package (rose petals, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries) and were told we would also get a "hot breakfast" both mornings we would be there and a "dinner" in the restaurant. False advertising.
When we showed up, there was NOTHING in the room for the "honeymoon package". As for food, their idea of a "hot breakfast" was a toaster that heated up muffins, bread or bagels. The last time we were there they really did have a decent breakfast, not anymore. Dinner? Yeah right....they didn't even have a cook or any food in the refrigerator! We ended up having to fend for ourselves in town for all meals.

Also when we got there, the room looked like someone had tried breaking into the door and there was damage to a few things in the room. We went right back to the front desk and told them we wanted another room. Strangely enough, we were put into the exact same room we had a few years ago. Not so strangely enough the EXACT SAME ISSUES WE REPORTED THEN WERE STILL A PROBLEM NOW! Nothing has been fixed. The only "upgrade" to the room was a new TV.

The ownership just wants to "get by" with what is there, milk it for whatever they can before (in my opinion) it gets condemned. All sorts of things need repair and are being ignored. It looks like a couple decades ago it may have been something else, but today......

Until they REALLY update this facility and SHOW PROOF they have done so, STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY FROM HERE. NOT WORTH IT!

Room Tip: one that isn't here
5  Thank floydetian
Reviewed 13 March 2018

This was booked as a getaway for my husband and me after a VERY rough 2017. We booked the honeymoon getaway package (even though we've been married 25 years). This was supposed to include rose petals, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, Delux buffet breakfast for two both mornings and dinner one night. We had to reschedule our reservation because of the storm that was last weekend. We got to the room - no rose petals, no champagne, no strawberries. The door looked like someone tried to break into it with a crowbar. They changed our room, but said that we had only been charged for the regular room rate (not the honeymoon getawy package), so they couldn't give it to us. Next morning, we go for the "delux hot buffet breakfast", only to find cold cereal, bread and packaged danishes. turns out that the chef walked out last month, which also meant no dinner for two that night. We complained to the manager and they tried to dance around the issues, saying "*It's off season, so they didn't book a chef because we didn't get the package" and a number of other excuses. We did finally get the champagne and strawberries, but no compensation for breakfast or dinner. The place is VERY run down, wallpaper is peeling and things are broken in the room. Wireless internet was non-existant.

Room Tip: Go to the Cape Codder instead.
4  Thank DramaMamaV
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We too were there the night of the fire. We were outside in the snow for 45 minutes. The Fire Chief told us that they were there all of the time. As if that were not enough, the room was gross, old and dirty. The mattresses are really old and do not have mattress pads. The hot tub was dirty and brown stuff came out of the jets. Did I mention the entire 2nd floor smelled like marijuana the entire time we were there and the blaring rap music just made it worse. Its unfortunate...this used to be a decent place for couples to get away, but that has clearly changed.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin R
Reviewed 19 February 2018

My girlfriend thought this place might be fun for Valentines day weekend, So. We Arrived @ hotel at 6:00-ish for check in. Room was not what I had booked on Bookings.com. OK I let that slide, No hot water for hot tub...Ill say that again, no hot water for hot tub. Wi Fi didn't work. Room was very old it looked like it hadn't been remodeled since the 70's. All of which we were willing to overlook. However, at midnight, our evening took a sudden turn when the fire alarm forced us out of our room into the cold wet wintry storm. Another guest had caught his room on fire, two heavy fire trucks responded. We were not allowed back into our room for the next 45 minutes to retrieve our belongings, which due to the fire is understandable. The hallways near our room now smelled of burnt up hotel room. I understand that none of this is the fault of management or the staff. My gripe is, after all of this We decided that we didn't want to stay there for the rest of the evening. I asked that my money be refunded as our romantic "getaway" was now ruined. The clerks told me that the hotels general manager was inspecting the damage to the burnt up room, and that when he returned we would get a full refund. This was agreeable to me... So I waited in the lobby for 45 additional minutes, while my girlfriend, now no longer in any semblance of a good mood, waited in the car, as the manager understandably did what he needed to do. When he returned I told him that I did not desire to stay the rest of the night, Because of
1. Not the right room
2. Skeevey and dilapidated look of the room we did get
3. No wifi
4. No hot-water
5. Fire Alarm at midnight
6. Now the room smells of smoke
He absolutely refused to refund my money and kept my $200 room deposit because he said we were smoking in the room. Neither I nor my girlfriend smoke. I explained to him that the whole building now smelled like smoke... And there were PLENTY of other guests that agreed with me that the building did indeed smell like smoke.
THIS IS A DISHONEST BUSINESS THAT DOES NOT HONOR THE AGREEMENT THAT IT MAKES WITH IT'S PATRONS. YOU SHOULD PICK ANY OTHER HOTEL IN HYANNIS AS THERE ARE LITERALLY DOZENS TO CHOOSE FROM WHILE YOU STAY IN TOWN

Room Tip: Just Choose a room at another hotel and you should be fine
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple