Hyannis Inn Motel
Cape Cod Inn(Hyannis)
SeaCoast Inn(Hyannis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmain streetgreat locationroom was cleancocktail loungeindoor poolcape codwithin walking distanceshops and restaurantsdowntown hyannisking roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulferry terminalmartha's vineyardfridgesaunanantucketdocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My friend and I are here visiting from Canada. Got in late in the afternoon of July 20th. Checked in - lady at the front desk was great and helpful. Hotel is very dated and could use a serious facelift. Great location in the centre of town and close to everything. Our issues arose when returning from a night out down the street at about 1pm. We had two gentlemen escorts walking us home. The night desk person was standing at the from of the hotel staring at us as we approached the property. We got to our room and one of the gentleman asked to use the facilities before he continued on his way. The night person came over and stated that our guests had to leave the property immediately. Would not let them in our room to use the facilities. Made implications that we were women of ill repute. I was flabbergasted. Embarrassed beyond belief. Horrified. One of our guests was African American and I felt there were racial overtones in the reaction that our guests were confronted with. After our guests left the property I went in and confronted the front desk person who was rude, ignorant and small minded. He told me that if I didn't like his attitude I could check out. We will be leaving here tomorrow and booking into a more welcoming, hospitable venue in town. I am most dismayed that as a professional, married women I would be met with such a lack of respect!!! Do not stay here....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank shellottawa
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My children and I traveled to MA from AZ with only one night to enjoy the Cape. I was very disappointed by the customer service, the room was dirty and the rates were much higher than hotels with better locations. Granted, I should have done research but I had no access to the internet and they assured me it was the "best rate and close to the beach". No, it was a 30 minute walk to the beach and it was $35 MORE per night than a nicer hotel on the harbor! This motel is a good location if you want to be in town, but we wanted to be by the beach (they told me the beach area hotels would be much more expensive, but they were actually less when I walked to them). The owner, Joe, was not only unprofessional, he was rude and proud that they ripped me off and smugly said, "Nothin' I can do for ya." I hope my online rating and comments save other patrons from his greedy disposition and cost him business so he will learn to treat his customers like people.

Room Tip: Do not trust the owner, his only concern is making a buck.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank angimari
vacationer603, Owner at Hyannis Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Let me just start off by stating the facts, Customer arrived at 11:22 am, her room was ready so we let her & her 2 children check-in (check-in time is 3 PM) If the room was dirty, which it was not, don't you think she would have said something to us then?? Customer came into the office after 3PM and asked if she could check out because she found a motel ($20.00) cheaper down
near the beach and that she was on a limited budget. I feel this review is unfair & unjust, as we try our best to keep every guest happy.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Stayed here for 4 days over Memorial Day Wkend . Located right on Main Street in Downtown Hyannis yet very quiet . JFK Museum steps away as well as Restaurants, Clubs and whatever one is looking for . Beaches are less than a 15 minute walk.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank alpinejj
Reviewed 2 September 2010

What a great location right in the center of town, yet our room was set back enough that is was quiet at night. This was great for walking up and down Main Street and the marina was about a 20 minute walk. We were even able to walk to the Cape Cod Melody Tent and avoid all the traffic going in and out. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful with suggestions. Friends stayed in the room next door and we couldn't hear them through the walls. The only cons were the rooms were a little dated, but still very clean and comfortable, and the pool had a ton of chlorine in it. Still, in my opinion a good value for the money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onebigadventure
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Just returned from my second stay here. (First was a year ago.) I love this place. The room and bathroom were spotless. Love the airiness of the rooms and the fact the windows open. (No a/c at night needed, but it's there.) It's a simple, old school place, but that just makes it better. They've given the pool area a facelift. New patio furniture and spruced it up. The pool is old, but bigger than many nowadays. Can't beat the location! No car necessary. Restaurants. harbor, shopping all right there.
When I checked in, I realized one reason I liked it was the people that stayed there seemed to be older-and quieter. Of course, this stay, there were 20-somethings that sat outside their room for hours drinking and talking loudly. If this place had a minimum age for guests of at least 40, it would perfect. I'll keep going back anyway.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo