“Fairly priced, decent hotel”

Holiday Inn Hyannis
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Hyannis
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Similar to just about any other chain hotel out there. The room was clean and spacious, just about everything I needed in a one-night stay.

The bar is really cool, with a backdrop of swirling bubbles and neon lights. The bartender there made a mean rum and coke.

Breakfast was so-so. It had the usual spread you would expect, and was pretty crowded. The food was good, but it seemed as though they were slightly understaffed for the crowd they were handling.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. It was a great stay for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank KennyTizzle

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The room was comfortable and clean. Check-in was quick and the front desk staff was friendly. The pool is nice. There's a nice bar in the hotel. The location is easily accessible and near shops and restaurants. A great functional place to stay.

The breakfast experience was below average. I think they may have been understaffed because it took a very long time to waitstaff attention. The food was mediocre.

I booked this hotel a few months before my stay and there was a misunderstanding with the reservation. I think I am right and the reservation group thinks it is right. Nonetheless, the behavior of the customer service representatives was inexcusable. I wrote the general manager of this hotel describing my experience. I was really hoping that at the very least I'd get a response acknowledging my communication and reassuring me that my experience at the hotel would be wonderful. I never received a response at all. The email never bounced back to me so I know it arrived at its destination.

I value customer service very highly. In fact it can make a bad trip great and a great trip bad. I'm afraid this poor customer service experience really ruined my stay.

The "poor" rating for service takes the reservation process into consideration.

Room Tip: Call this hotel directly to make your reservation with the front desk or with a person on the phone.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank masstravelerwithkids
HYHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Hyannis, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you for writing. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed a number of aspects of your visit, despite your disappointment with the central reservations process. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you, as unfortunately, to the best of our knowledge, we did not receive the email to which you refer. Please contact us at your convenience at 508-778-0666.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

Clean, quiet, breafast only, older hotel.
Good pool and hot tub .

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Deputyc2

We appreciate your feedback. Should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return visit, please know that dinner offerings are available in our Mad Hatter lounge. Thanks for writing.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

Rooms were clean. Comfy pillows and beds. Pool and hot tub are very nice. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Sevencentsvern

Thank for taking the time to write. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the clean rooms, comfy beds and pillows as well as our pool and hot tub. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights 2/18 and 2/19/12. We enjoyed our getaway very much. We just needed to relax. The pool was clean and the hot tub was clean and just the right temperature. The front desk was very helpfu.. Pleasant staff all around.
There were many families there because of a soccor tournament but they had staff walking all around. Breakfast we had the buffet. $9.95 each. Scrambled eggs,bacon,sausage,pancakes fruit cereal,oatmeal and pastries. Very good for the price. The room was very clean. not large but just enough for the time spent in it.comfy bed too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MJCRhodeIsland_USA

Thank you so much for writing and for your great review. We are so pleased that we were able to provide a great getaway on the Cape. We hope that we will see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hyannis
2.6 km away
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Cape Cod - West Yarmouth

Been to Holiday Inn Hyannis? Share your experiences!