Cape Codder Resort & Spa
USD 328
USD 300
SeaCoast Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
USD 222
Hyannis Harbor Hotel(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
USD 323
USD 300
Official Hotel
USD 150
Hotels.com
Cape Cod Ocean Manor(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
USD 201
USD 412
Hyannis Inn(Hyannis)(Great Value!)
USD 254
USD 237
Priceline
1,341 results
All reviewswater parkwave poolhearth and kettlegrand cruoutdoor poolkettle restaurantwine barface paintingbeach plumfamily resortkids activitieskids loveschool vacationhot tubolder kidsbig hitlife guards
Reviewed 28 March 2012

It feels like a 3-star hotel with 4-star aspirations, but part of that is due to the upscale Residences next door. But really it's is a family-friendly destination in a great location with a fantastic pools and lots of wholesome activities for the kids. So if you're expecting high-threadcount, egyptian cotton sheets and granite counters in the bathrooms, this probably isn't your place. You'll also pay a lot more than that motel down the road with the pool behind a chainlink fence and rooms smelling of mold. The food is moderately good, hearty, unpretentious. The rooms are nice, generic, clean. However, the pools are great! The outdoor pool is heated year-round and the indoor one, while not to the level of Cocokeys, is definitely the star attraction for my kids. I highly recommend hanging out on the sand at night, listening to the entertainers and roasting marshmallows.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Although we loved our first visit in December, our last visit (3/10 & 11/12) was a bad experience and expensive. Unfortunately even though I sent an email and registered letter it has gone unanswered by the senior mamangement team. Probably our last visit to this resort. We will continue to tell our friends and family of our displeasure with this place and likely in the future find another place to spend our time and hard earned money.

We had a very bad experience in the Hearth'N Kettle the first night. We had appitizers (clam chowder and 2 meatballs) and a cocktail. We had ordered Prime Ribs, after 15 minutes waiting for dinner, the kitchen told bartender they had forgetten to let her know that they ran out a while ago. We ordered different food. 45 minutes later, still no food. Everyone around us had been served and eaten. We were told the kitchen was busy, 10 dinners in front of us, really everyone else was fed?.

Bartender then took the slip into the kitchen and then told us they lost our slip and our food would be out soon. 5 minutes later (how do they cook meat that fast?) steak tips and a steak comes out looking gray and unhealthy, with all the wrong sides. The meat looked like it was steamed or microwaved. No searing, no grill marks etc. It looked like eating that meat would have gotten us sick. We told the bartender we were done. We were told dont worry about the tab, really? I can't believe any kitchen staff would serve any kind of food like that. I would not allow anyone in my family to have eaten that meal!

The problem, it was now after 8:15 pm and we had not eaten. We had to leave the Cape Codder to find food at 8:30 pm. By the time we found a place and got fed it was after 9:30 pm. We got back to the Cape Codder at 10:45 pm. The bars, closed! Pools Closed! Hot Tubs CLosed! What did we pay $ 360 for the night for. We got nothing. No food, no amenities. Oh yes, night manager gave us free breakfast after tell me "I don't understand what you want we comp'ed your apps and drinks!". Upon leaving our stay, no apologies, no refund, no nothing

Our next day was ruined because of the night before. I dont know about you, but we are not used to eating at 9:30 or 10 pm. We felt ill all day the next, which had been planned for a family day. All in all we spent about $700 for two nights in a nice room and had the opportunity to use the pools, hot tubs and bars exactly once! great deal for that kind of money.

We sent an e-mail and registered letter to vice president of operations two days after leaving our stay at the Cape Codder and two weeks later have still not head anything back

Wayne Jackson

Room Tip: Dont stay unless you plan on spending good money
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank waynbo0001
rspirlet, General Manager at Cape Codder Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

I have been in contact with this guest to apologize for the unpleasant series of events that they experienced with us recently. I have assured them that we will resolve this to their satisfaction and that their feedback - on this site as well in a follow up letter - is very helpful to us in making the necessary changes to continue to improve.
Their experience is certainly not typical for our hotel, however, we realize that we did not meet their expectations and we will make this up to them.

Raymond J. Spirlet
rspirlet@capecodderresort.com
508-771-3000 ext. 701

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I just spent a weekend at the Cape Codder Resort & Spa with friends. There were 18 of us and we were all settled into a series of rooms on the same hall just off the main lobby. Rooms are a little dated, but clean with very comfortable beds and the size of the rooms is splendid. The dressing area and bath were well appointed. The hotel complex is expansive with lots of corridors that at first seem daunting, but we quickly found that all roads lead to the indoor pool.

The wave pool is a perfect reason to choose the Cape Codder for it's an excellent diversion for children of all ages. And when we arrived at the 80,000 square foot pool there was a frenzy of activity with lots of kids. I wanted to see how the waves felt, so I went in for a few minutes and then moved up to the hot tub which seats 24. There was a lot of noise from the children, from the action of the waves, and from those who were using the two water slides. It got old fast, so I went out to the outdoor heated salt water pool. While, this pool is handsome, it was too cool for comfort on a chilly day, so I came in and got dressed for cocktails.

I crossed the large and comfortable lobby with its fireplace and excellent natural lighting and headed for the Hearth & Kettle bar. The bartender was eager to please and my martini was exactly as I liked. I had one drink and then moved over to the Grand Cru Wine Bar and Restaurant...a bit more civilized atmosphere with a charming bartender named Kelly. Kelly made drinks like a pro and was eager to give advice about the 30 wines available by the glass. When our party was assembled, we moved to a table. The menu was somewhat limited, but the Caesar Salad and Steak au Poivre that I chose were splendid. We stayed for the first set of entertainment by a Rhythm & Blues group called Bittersweet...the five piece combo played lots of Motown and Philadelphia stuff from the early 70's. I think I knew every song...they were good, but too loud for the room, so I retired early.

I really liked this hotel/spa complex. I didn't use the spa, but I did like both restaurants and I enjoyed the large and innovative inventory in the gift shop. The location just off Exit 6 of the Mid Cape Highway is really convenient for tourism. I recommend.

Room Tip: Corridors near the pool smelled of chlorine
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank redeco
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Very disappointed with our stay. The tub did not drain so we waited to have it fixed. When we came back to the room to use the shower, the bottom of the tub was filthy and we could not use it. The front desk was not helpful either. Would not return.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Was fun for our kids (ages 10 and 7) during the winter. They enjoyed the indoor wave pool. My husband and I could spend time in the hot tub and still be able to keep a watchful eye on our kids. Lifeguards were very much on top of things too. Our room was nice though the heater was very loud and that made for a difficult nights sleep. The bathroom was small but clean. We also used AAA for a discount and it was worth it.

Room Tip: I believe we had a basic room so you may want to ask for an upgrade and hopefully you'll have a bit more room in your bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family