“It's a bit "Quacky" but the kids will like it”

Cape Cod Duckmobiles
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The tour is around the touristy Main Street area and then into the Harbor and back to the beginning. It lasts about 45 minutes (about 15 minutes or so in the water). I'd describe it as more of a novelty ride. The driver and girls do a good job entertaining you and telling you to quack at the passer-by people. A bit on the cheesy side, but my four year son liked the fact that we could ride on land and then 'transform' into the water. Go with an open mind and you will like it. If you expect to see alot of tourist locations, you won't like it. We enjoyed it and then went back to the beach :)

All reviews
"world war ii"
"amphibious vehicle"
"fishing trip"
in 4 reviews
"shopping on main street"
"free parking"
"blast"
in 6 reviews
"john"

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I've been on "Ride the Duck" tours before (Seattle & Philly) so I'm familiar with the "show" that they put on. Needless to say, the Cape Cod Duckmobiles is a total waste of money. I was so disappointed in their performance. The jokes were bad (and not in a good way) and there was nothing to see. Everything they showed us on the trip you could see yourself by just walking around downtown Hyannis. Put your money into something else because it wasn't cheap.

2  Thank superK1218
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We took my two grandaughters on the Duckmobile, and they really had fun quacking at everyone we passed. The guides were funny and knowledgable, and being up high in the vehicle gave a different perspective of the streets. The best part of the ride was the water part- splashing into Hyannis harbor, and going out into Nantucket Sound.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

I recently rode the "Duck" with my wife and seven year old son. We liked it as it provided us with a good introduction of Hyannis and its harbor areas. The guides were a bit annoying; next time a straightforward tour narrative would be better than their silly skits. Still, give it a try...

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Kids loved it. the land part of the trip went up main street and past the JFK museum and armory- nothing too exciting. The water portion of the trip was much better. The guides were a bit over the top, some of the jokes were off color but overall they were entertaining. Although, we thought it was odd that they asked for tips at the end, especially given the price and duration of the tour