“You know what you get if you ever get served”
Review of Friendly's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Friendly's
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Holyoke
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 July 2017

First of all be careful of that convoluted 'electronic menu' it is not very helpful, but if you press the wrong button, you will be charged $1.99 for a game that you might assume is free. The menu itself is not helpful, limited and you ultimately have to press call waitress.
The service was awful, the food was OK, after all, it is Friendly's and you know what you get.
If you want ice cream, just go to the pickup counter and order there.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Yeah, it's a chain restaurant with mostly non-descript (not bad, not great) food, but they welcome kids and it's a few steps up from McDonald's and Wendy's at not much higher a price. The waitstaff was really good with the little ones (we had a five year old and a one year old). They also have really good ice cream, so it's the place to go for cones on hot summer days.

Easy parking on Route 5, not far from Interstate 91, so it's a good place to stop when travelling.

Reviewed 12 May 2015 via mobile

So after 9 hour's of driving, my friend and I decide to check in to our hotel and grab dinner. Closest location was friendly's restaurant. Never heard of one so we decided to try it.

First impression is a 1950's diner. A manager I assume (black shirt) vs the other outfits looked up at my coworker and I as he was cleaning a table. No Hello's or for that matter dropping what he was doing and acknowledge us. Their was two cashiers workyou. the window takeout and 2 waitress's. Waiting 5 minutes to even be seen the guy in the black shirt decides to seat us.

This table was just wiped, cleaned or whatever you wish to call it because the table was sticky and by no means washed or sanitized... The one waitress in our area walked by us 3 times not once saying a word to us let alone apologize or say something to let us know we were seen..

10 minutes of waiting and still no one, we decided to go to leave and goto Denny's down the street (pending review) and like magic she saw us and said to us "oh just give me chance". Well too late.. No I'll be right with you or nothing..

Bad service and I'll never go back..

3  Thank shroom_of_doom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Go to Friendly's on frequent basis with my elderly father who loves the restaurant and seeing his friends... Boy, it leaves a lot to be desired. Average food, not hot enough, small portions, high prices. If you don't "have" to go there... Don't bother.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

The new scrambles are awesome...and don't forget to pick up a half gallon of ice cream while your there!