See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Unfortunately found ourselves in the Amherst Area on homecoming weekend and ending up here. The place is very run down, rooms are musty and have residual cigarette smell. The carpet is pulling up fro the floors, and the bathrooms were not clean. Checked the sheets and they were clean, but in the morning found small blood spots on the sheets and upon closer look found 10 bedbugs before I stopped looking and left.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I have only been here once, tonight as I write this actually. I can only speak for my room but it's a 65$ a night room. Yes things need to be touched up and a bit more attention to details. But if you're a budget traveler and all you need is a nice bed, hot shower, and some wifi and tv this place could work. Front desk lady was nice as well. They might have bigger and nicer rooms for couples and I guess some have kitchenettes. I have not noticed bugs!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2017

I actually enjoy spending a night occasionally at a cheaper motel as long as it is clean and there are no bugs. But this place really needs some help. The manager met me kindly upon arrival and escorted me personally to my room. At first I thought this was extra "service," but I think he was there to turn up the heat (the room was quite cool when I arrived) and to check to make sure nothing horrible was wrong with the room.

In general, I didn't see any bugs or whatever as reported by some reviewers. The door lock worked fine, and I didn't encounter many of the other issues mentioned. And it was pretty clean. Yes, there were some cracked tiles in the bathroom and some "unfinished" elements, but the bathroom seemed quite clean. The bed linens were fresh, and the bed (though likely old) was pretty comfortable. Wifi worked well.

Unfortunately that's where the good elements ended. The room description promised a desk; there was only a small round table (which was sufficient for my needs, but it might not be for others). The furniture was a mismatched odd collection. There was a cube refrigerator in the room which was not plugged in when I arrived, but I did plug it in, and it worked fine for cooling down some drinks.

But then there was the "rug." It was just a spongy awful-colored mess with some stains and "bad spots." Given the musty odor and the low temperature the room was obvious kept at, this rug was suspicious to say the least. But even that I could deal with somewhat if it had not been for the chair incident. As I sat down to work at the small table, I pulled up an old upholstered chair that obviously had had something spilled on it and cleaned at some point. But the stain wasn't too bad, and it felt fine, so I sat.

About 5 minutes later, my pants became wet. I felt the chair again and discovered the odor of some kind of cleaning fluid. Clearly the chair had been spot-cleaned (probably somewhat recently), but no one had bothered to let it dry out. Perhaps more importantly, no one had noticed.

So, as much as I liked the kind demeanor of the manager, I can't really recommend this place even as a "diamond in the rough" for those who merely want a clean bed for the night.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We travelled for a lacrosse tournament at U Mass and hotel inventory in the area was sold out, so we but the bullet and stayed here. The housekeeping standards are atrocious...bugs In the bathroom, spiders and webs in the bathroom, mold in the shower and filth on the mattress pads. I think our room had flooding at some point because the ceiling was patched. The musty, moldy smell was really strong. In hindsight, we should've driven back home before staying there. Not worth it--buyer beware.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We arrived after a long journey from New Jersey. It was around 8:30 when we arrived, and we were very tired from our drive. We were hoping to have a decent room to stay in. My mother goes to get our room and I felt like I was going to be kidnapped in this rural area in a dark sketchy place. The manager walks out with my mother and I go to get out of the car, and he makes a comment on us staying in the same bed. WHO'S BUSINESS IS THAT?? We got into our room and later another family arrived and we went out to meet them, but as they were going to their room their keys wouldn't work and neither was ours when we went back to the room. Later I had found more spiders than there were TV channels and guests combined. Every night we would stay out as late as possible just to stay out of the disgusting rooms. We threw all linens off the beds because they were truly disgusting. The area that this "hotel" is located in is not very safe for kids. My friend and I were throwing our lacrosse ball and heard weird music and guys laughing and smoking on the other side of the motel. This place was gross and definitely lives up to the "1-star name".

Room Tip: do not stay in this hotel if you want to feel sanitary and safe, but if you want a good laugh read the reviews
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family